wiring a bridged amplifier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring a bridged amplifier

how do i wire two dual voice coil 4 ohm subs to a 2 channel amp that has been bridged to 1 channel?

unbridge it and wire each sub in parallel making them 2 ohms to each of the two channels

2006 Mazda 3
    Behringer DCX-2496
    JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
    JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

thats one way. we need to know more about the sub and amp though. you could just wire one voice coil, you could wired them in parallel if the amp is stable at 2 ohms bridged, or you can wire each chan to each voice coil. we need more info
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

speakers are 4 ohm 12 inch kicker comp cvr dvc amp is 2 channel fosgate p3002

Comment

there is no point with two subs, I would do this for one.... the two setup's give the same power...

one setup: wire each sub in parallel so that it is 2 ohm, then have them go off of each channel, giving them each 150 watts at 2 ohms. 150 watts to each speaker= 300 watts...

second setup: You can wire each sub in series making them 8 ohm's, then wire them parallel to the briged amp giving them 300 watts at 4 ohms.... its still 300 watts...

2006 Mazda 3
          Behringer DCX-2496
          JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

ok for 2nd setup how do u wire each one in series than wire them paralell to the amp? i mean diagram wise?

Comment

Check out on Rockford Fosgate's site for some possibe wiring configurations:
              www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp
              "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
              "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
              [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

still say its stupid but....

On your sub there should be two positives and two negatives, wire the amp positive into one of the sub positives, then from the negative of that voice coil to the positive of the other voice coil. Then you wire the negative of that voice coil to the negative of the amp.

You then do the same to the other sub and wire it to the amp along with the first sub...

Once again I don't think you'll see a difference, but have fun

2006 Mazda 3
                Behringer DCX-2496
                JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

maybe i should just get a bigger amp...hmmmm

Comment

no i don't think it is 1ohm stable it's a fosgate p300.2 2 channel

Comment

Working...
                    X