specific amplifier problem question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specific amplifier problem question

Any help here would be appreciated......I know alternator whine has been covered here extensively, but I have a specific question.....I have an Alpine CDA9813 HU linked to an MTX Blue Thunder 504 4 channel amplifier. All of the appropriate troubleshoots have been done.....it turns out that I only get whine out of my REAR channel....when unplugging RCAs, it is gone. I have switched the RCAs to the front and the whine does not appear, so I know it is not the RCAs. Does this sound like I have a defective amplifier? No matter what I do, I only hear whine out of the rear channel of this amp. Before I buy a new amplifier, does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

make sure that specific speaker wire is not touching ground. Either use a multimeter to check to see if that wire is touching ground or move that speaker to a different channel if you don;t own a multimeter and see if the problem follows it.

you could aslo try swapping around your RCA cables to see if you have a bad RCA cable.
    System always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by durwood View Post

you could aslo try swapping around your RCA cables to see if you have a bad RCA cable.
      Or, it could be a bad RCA jack(s) on the amplifier. Wiggling around the RCAs at the amp might make the whine go away.

Juan

Comment

Whining has different reasons:
        Cheap quality RCA cables, bad or poor grounding for ground wires to the chasis,cheap amplifiers or problem in the head unit RCA ground on internal PCB of HU,,try to connect a wire between clean ground of the chassis and the ground of RCA plug to the amplifier while the system is runing and see the difference.

Comment

it sound like the rca jack from the amplifier board is broken
          check the amplifier remove the back cover and the side cover
          to move the rca jacks

Comment

Working...
          X