Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help installing amplifier.

Hey guys,

I have a PC built already, however i had to remove my stock headunit to replace with an in-dash monitor. So I do not have a headunit with an aux-in or anything of the sort.

I am trying to install the amplifier, however im baffled by two things. I have the speaker connections running from each speaker(+ and -) to the speaker wire connections on the amp. However the amp also has a harness that is called Speaker Level input connections and I do not understand what that means and if I have to use it and what it is for.

Also, I read the FAQ on how to get sound from the card to my amplifier and speakers. I have the adapters I need, however my amp has a RCA cable ground terminal and I dont understand how to use it with my set up.

Maybe some of you can help me?

thanks in advance.

However the amp also has a harness that is called Speaker Level input connections and I do not understand what that means and if I have to use it and what it is for.
    You don't need to worry about this. Thise are use when you have a headunit that has no RCA outputs. In this case you can connect the speaker outputs from your headunit to the speaker level inputs on your amp. When using a Car PC (or a headunit with RCA outs) you don't have to connect the speaker level intputs.

however my amp has a RCA cable ground terminal and I dont understand how to use it with my set up
    Usually this is used to avoid ground loop and other interference picked up by the RCA cable. Also this one isn't really necessary. It's an optional connection and the setup will work without them connected.
    BMW 525tds -Biostar I94GM-I4 -Celeron M44O 1,86GHz, M2-ATX, 1Gb, 320GB -HQCT RDS tuner -Creative Extigy -iBus controller -Lilliput 7" touchscreen -DLS Ultimate A7 amplifier -Focal 130K, 130V, 27V2 speakers

Bezel Worklog-My Install -iDrive F01 RR Skin

Comment

thanks for your help, that really cleared up a lot for me.

apparently my cars stock speakers can only handle 8ohms and the amp is 4ohms or something like that..i still need to read up on this stuff..but i dont want to blow my speakers..

Comment

Your car speakers ARE 8ohm. Its the internal resistance of the speakers. Usualy in a car 4ohm is used and in home entertainment 8ohm is used.

Now, it's no problem to put 8ohm speakers on an amp thats made for 4ohm. You will damage nothing, only the sound output wil be a little less.

When you put 4ohm speakers on an 8ohm amp the current that the amp has to give will be too high and you will damage the amp (not the speakers). I could get technical here but my English a little limited to explain it all in the right terms and you will not benefit either from a too technical explanation.

Just remember: 8ohm speakers on a 4ohm amp is OK - 4ohm speakers on an 8ohm amp is BAD!
        BMW 525tds -Biostar I94GM-I4 -Celeron M44O 1,86GHz, M2-ATX, 1Gb, 320GB -HQCT RDS tuner -Creative Extigy -iBus controller -Lilliput 7" touchscreen -DLS Ultimate A7 amplifier -Focal 130K, 130V, 27V2 speakers

Bezel Worklog-My Install -iDrive F01 RR Skin

Comment

Working...
        X