Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output from Carpc to Amp

Hi

I have got a Dell SX260 setup and a small amp to power the speakers, i would like to know if i can take the On Board sound output (from the Greenplug) into my amp or does it need to be a line out from a usb sound card?

Thanks

You likely CAN use the onboard output, given you have a cable that has the right connectors on each end. The question is around the quality of that output and if a USB sound card would provide higher quality (likely it will).

Comment

thanks

found this FAQ as well http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advf...ew&advfaqid=29 (couldn't find it before, blind as a bat) which helps,

I have got a cable which is 3.5 mini jack to 2 x RCA, one more question, if i did use the onboard, would i take it direct to the speakers or to my amp then the speakers?

Thanks

Comment

you would go from onboard -> amp -> speakers

onboard wouldnt have enough power to drive speakers

Comment

Don't be surprised if you're not happy with the quality of the sound coming from the onboard audio....if you aren't happy with it then move to an upgraded sound card (PCI/USB/Firewire/etc.)
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
          X