Remote "ON" for amp's...use the PC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote "ON" for amp's...use the PC?

How is everyone remote turning their amps on in there cars when running a carPC?
    Do you just tap into the 5V lead on the PC's power supply?

Originally posted by WuNgUn View Post
    How is everyone remote turning their amps on in there cars when running a carPC?
    Do you just tap into the 5V lead on the PC's power supply?
    What amp do you have that takes 5v?

And most people use the built in anti-thump (turns on after sound drivers are initialized) on their DC-DC PSU.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

You need 12vdc to turn on the amps, not 5vdc.. How are you triggering your PC power supply?? What power supply are you using, My OPUS power supply has 12v remote turn on outputs just for amps/processors/etc.

My truck has a spare cigarette lighter outlet in the back that was energized when the key was on.. I just cut those wires as i never use that outlet, and I use that for the whole turn on for everything from the computer to the amps. It only requires a few milliamps i believe..
      Ours is the age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to.

ZAPCO DSP-6
      ARCAUDIO SE Amps
      Rainbow Profi CS365 & Profi Vanadium 12"

Comment

Most all DC-DC PSUs have the remote turn on feature built in already, no need to reinvent the wheel...
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
        X