Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Volume Fadder to Zalman External Sound Card

Connecting Volume Fadder to Zalman External Sound Card

hi guys, just wondering if a volume fadder knob will work correctly with the Zalman external sound card which has 3 outputs, 1 for front speakers, 1 for rear speakers and 1 for sub/centre speakers,

I plan to run a 3.5mm to 2rca into a volume fadder knob, then 2rca out of the fadder knob into my amp that runs my speakers. from the sub/centre output on the zalman card ill run 2.5mm to 2rca connector into my amp that controls the sub.

with this setup, if i turn down the volume, will the sub volume turn down as well or will it alter the ammount of bass running through it.

i can post a diagram if needed.

cheers guys

i dont think it'll work as you're hoping. can you not control volume through the pc? have you looked into the audiocontrol mvc? you actually need to control the volume of 5-6 chans (outputs) at the same time and the mvc is the only device that i know of that will work.
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

well i can get rid of the fadder idea and run my sound from the usb out to my external sound card, then from the sub/centre out run a connection to the amp powering my sub and from the front input on the card run a connection into my amp powering the front speakers and just use on screen volume and even use the griffen usb volume control.. the one in the store thats on special for $19.00

is this a better idea. that way all the channels will be controlled at the same time? or am i still missing the point???

Comment

sounds right to me
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment