Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onboard sound for 5.1 AND Mic

Hi

i've done a search, and haven't found anything that directly answers my question.

I'm looking for a Motherboard that has a sound card on it that will ideally run the following:
    front L&R Channels
    Rear L&R Channels
    Centre/Sub Channel
    Mic Input.

The trouble is most of the motherboards have the following config when put into 5.1 mode:

Line Out = Front L&R
    Line in= Rear L&R
    Mic = Centre/Sub.

Anyone know of a way around this? i want the mic channel for using voice commands/bluetooth phone.

Any help would be appreciateed as the only thing i have left to buy is the motherboard!

Thanks!!

What chipset is on the board?

Are you limited to onboard sound?
    System always under construction

Comment

no doesn't need to be onboard...jsut trying to figure out to fulfill my requirements...i was thinking of a VIA C7 chipset.

another thought...would it be better to use a usb mic if thats the way they do their 5.1 sound. or would an addional sound card solve all those issues?? What do you recommend.

Its going into a Seat Leon

Comment

you can use the input connector on motherboard ( i intend that where you connect the audio input from cd/dvd reader). I already sow it on another project

hope that help, bye
        | My first project | My second project |

Comment

Not meaning to hijack, but I am trying to figure something out very similar.....

Although I haven't tested it yet, on searching this forum I found something that *may* help...

According to what I read, if you enable 5.1 sound for your onboard sound then as you know you give up the Mic/Line in jacks on the back of the mobo.

HOWEVER, what I also read suggests that moving the jumpers on the F_Audio (front audio) header on the motherboard will allow you to hook up a front panel module that provides Mic In and Line out.

The manual isn't very clear on this; I *assumed* that moving the jumpers dissabled the rear jacks in order to route the audio to the front panel jacks, but if you can indeed have 5.1 on the rear jacks, and still maintain the mic in up front that may solve both yours and my issue...

-Alan

Comment

Another option would be to consider some of the USB mic options. Otherwise, easiest option would be a usb or pci sound card that gives all of the inputs and outputs you need without being creative.

Comment

i've ordered a turtle beach roadie from ebay...am coming to NY from the UK on business this weekend, so hopefully will save on shipping. any ideas what else is worth buying in NY(generally, no need to be car pc specific??!)

Comment

Hi anupchavda,

At the current exchange rate? Hell buy the whole city. It'll probably only set you back a couple quid.

pb

Comment

using mobo header to get sound

hi people,

i'm thinking to get audio direct from the mobo (F_AUDIO PANEL) instead of using rear i/o connectors.
                  my mobo has 9 pins which are:
                  1= MIC
                  2= GND
                  3= MIC_BIAS
                  4= POWER
                  5= AUDIO FRONT (R)
                  6= AUDIO REAR (R) / RETURN (R)
                  7= NC
                  8= NO PIN
                  9= AUDIO FRONT (L)
                  10= AUDIO REAR (L) / RETURN (L)

the problem is i dont know where to connect the 4ch amplifier cables cause each channel has 2 wires.
                  does anybody knows how to do it?

im thinking to connect the positive wire from each channel input on 5, 6, 9 & 10 pins and the negative one on the pin 2, but im not sure about it. could you help me, please?

Comment

i am using aopen i945gmt-fa. which has discreet output for 7.1 + room for line in and mic ic. it also can do discreet front panel input as well.

but one word of warning, onboard audio isn't really the cleanest ones you can work with.
                    CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

Originally posted by ptk View Post
                      i am using aopen i945gmt-fa. which has discreet output for 7.1 + room for line in and mic ic. it also can do discreet front panel input as well.

but one word of warning, onboard audio isn't really the cleanest ones you can work with.
                      thanks for answare ptk,

but im still want to try it and see what happens. would you know what pins should i connect to the amplifier?

cheers,

Comment

onboard sound grounds all the grounds together. if your amp takes RCA, then all the shield (outer ring) goes to the GND pin.
                        CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

hi anupchavda,
                          I am also trying to find info on the VIA C7 motherboards to answer the same questions:
                          is there a pin header on the board to use front, rear and mic lines at the same time?
                          can those boards boot from a USB memory stick (no harddisk needed)?

Is there a complete datasheet available? cause I searched the manufacturer website without succes.

Comment

Originally posted by ptk View Post
                            onboard sound grounds all the grounds together. if your amp takes RCA, then all the shield (outer ring) goes to the GND pin.
                            thanks very much ptk,

ill try it and put here later results.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                            X