No announcement yet.

keep my head unit or not?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep my head unit or not?

I have a small dilema...i have a old laptop here ready to be taken apart but i dont know if i should connect the laptop directly to my amps or if i should connect it to my head unit and from the head unit to my amps... my deck is a pioneer DEH-p6900ub and i have 2 amps a 4 channel for my surround sound and a mono block for my subs i was gonna go with the computer directly to my amps but since it is a laptop mother board i dont think u could add a better soundcard so im kinda stuck what would uall do thanks for your help

Yeah I have the same issue as well. Would love to remove my head unit but dont want quality to suffer.
    CarPC: Currently in progress...

exactly lol... i want to keep good quality audio

Your hu cannot improve the quality at all, but it is closer to the laptop which means less cabling(and Y splitters) and your headunit will make sure two sources will not be playing at the same time. You will not be happy with the quality of a laptop, I recommend getting a external usb sound card 5.1 surround. They are under $100 and quality will match your head unit if not better.
        Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
        *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
        *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

really.... i never knew there was usb sound cards where can i get one i am willing to spend more than 100 if it will improve my sound quality and if i do get that sound card then i might as well get rid of the HU right?...