Not a noob but noobish question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a noob but noobish question

So i finally broke down and decided to upgrade from my crap stock speakers. I want to also add some kind of amp to power them and have a question about hooking up my headunit. I have an Alpine CDM-9821 that has RCA outs for a subwoofer/rear speakers. I want to hook up just front speakers to the amp so what I am asking is what is the difference between front and rear speaker amp outputs (can i just run my front door speakers off a 2ch amp that is conencted to the rear speaker output on my headunit)? (FYI the next model up from my headunit has BOTH a front speaker AND rear speaker/woofer RCA output.)

It means when you'll loose you ability to fade front to rear (can be worked around). But you probably don't need that so you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by pokki View Post
      It means when you'll loose you ability to fade front to rear (can be worked around). But you probably don't need that so you'll be fine.
      That's what I was thinking. As I am only running front speakers I guess I will just fade everything to the rear. Thanks.

Comment

or just leave it as unfaded and you'll still get the same result.

Comment

or you could buy a 4ch amp, incase you upgrade the headunit inthe future, and run a 4ch linelevel converter from the speaker level outputs of the radio and plug your 4ch rca's into that. you'll have normal stereo and fade. its the same as if you were adding an amp to a car and keeping the factory headunit

Comment

Working...
          X