X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head unit mod issue

Hi

I recently bought this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=009 (Copy and paste the link)

Is this a innovatek head unit?

*My car is a 1994 4dr Honda Civic*

I fitted it today and tryed it out. Its a good bit of kit. I was unable to watch any dvd/vcd... but im aware that i have to hook up my handbrake of something or also read around that it can be grounded of something.

After i installed... i noticed that It does'nt sit flush like my old JVC unit, any suggestion on how i could go abouts making it flush???

i had an idea. What i am thinking of doing is cutting enough of a gap to make the bottom half of te head unit sit flush??.. what you recon?!
    What cutting tool will do a neat job??!

Also i dont know if its happened to anyone else, but i could'nt use the adapter that came with the head unit because its not a standard DIN size... but when i installed it without the adapter... it was a tad loose and plus there is nothing stopping someone for ripping it out.

Im sorry for the ling essay, i have had a look around the site and all i can find is PC installs.

So any help and suggestion will be greatly appriciated.

thank you

The reason you can only find PC installs is because that is what this site is about, puting PC's in cars, not headunits.

See if you can find the instruction manual on the net. It should tell you how to get the DVD working with the handbrake switch.

For cutting, use a dremmel tool.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by meddler View Post
      The reason you can only find PC installs is because that is what this site is about, puting PC's in cars, not headunits.

D'oh ... ah no wonder. Do you by any choice no a forum for dvd player installs and troubleshooting???

Comment

No sorry. Someone else on here may be able to point you in the right direction.
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

I used to go to the12volt.com They have some pretty good people in their forums, and they have forums just for that sort of thing.
          It's been a while...

Comment

Working...
          X