2.0 to 2.1 audio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 to 2.1 audio

i realise that this is kind of a simple question but have not been able to find the answer on any of the forums, maybe i am just looking in the wrong place

i am currenyly trying to figure out what i need to get a carputer---and one of the problems that i have run across is audio----how do i get the sub output to work with 2 channel audio? i also want to watch movies, which will use 5.1, so how do i get the two to work correctly? and at the right time? some sort of software or something?

Are you using a headunit?
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

no i am hoping to use a computer and hook that up to my amps----(1) 4x70 for front and rear speakers, a 1 x 600 for sub and a 1 x 25 for the center channel and completly get rid of my hu

Comment

I would suggest getting a card with 5.1 output.
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

2.0 wont have information for a center chan so it's pointless, it'll just add more problems rather then improve the sound. to get 2.1 from 2.0, you either need an active crossover (24xs from audiocontrol is perfect for you), or you need to have pre-outs on your 4 chan amp and send the signal to the sub amp and use the internal x-over, or like binary said... get a 5.1 card. I opt for ditching the surround sound idea (how many times are you going to watch surround sound in the car?) and go with a quality 2.1 setup.
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
          Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
          Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

so you are saying that a 5.1 soundcard should route the lfe from 2 channel sources to the sub?

also, could you recomend any good eq programs?

i had a car once with wayyy to much invested in the stereo and ended up with a system that sounded exelent and would like to top it with a carputer

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
              so you are saying that a 5.1 soundcard should route the lfe from 2 channel sources to the sub?
              yes, but depends on the soundcard and the drivers/software that comes with it.

also, could you recomend any good eq programs?

i had a car once with wayyy to much invested in the stereo and ended up with a system that sounded exelent and would like to top it with a carputer

if you are using winamp or any front end that supports winamp, then you can use the VST plugin bridge and use any VST EQ plugin out there. There is even an article in the wiki section about it.
              System always under construction

Comment

Working...
              X