thunderous bass and hard drives???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thunderous bass and hard drives???

can that damage them?? i'm thinking about putting my subs back in when i finally install a car pc. will the vibes from the subs possibly damage my hd??

You're hard drive is specifically designed to withstand bumps and vibrations, so it should be able to handle the subwoofer without significantly reducing its expected lifetime. I would try to keep the hard drive away from the subwoofer as much as possible though, possibly mount it on a rubbery surface or use closed cell foam to protect it a little bit more.
    1st CarPC
    Plans --> >>>>>>>>><
    Parts --> >>>>>>>><<
    Install -> <<<<<<<<<<

Comment

ya, for my first setup, i will probably just set the comp in the back seat or something. i know the hd wouldn't last in the trunk without some sort of sound deadening(sp?)

Comment

Sound deadening wont stop vibrations from going to the hard drive if they are both in the trunk. Sound deadening would make it worse by keeping all the sound in the trunk and not allowing any to escape.
        1st CarPC
        Plans --> >>>>>>>>><
        Parts --> >>>>>>>><<
        Install -> <<<<<<<<<<

Comment

I've had mine mounted next to my subs for some time. I've had no problems. It's just bolted to the side of the trunk, no vibration reducing tactics used. The shock from hitting bumps is actually much worse than a sub.
          Christmas Car Project 2008

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

What he said.

As long as you don't mount it to the sub box you should be fine.

Comment

I drive a gmc safary my computer is in the center console midle of the front seats in the back there is a wall
              with 12 woofers mmats procast and 3 1200w amplifiers the wall is far away by the sliding door of the van and we are on the 155 db

I was looking to move the hard drives to the back but never found a long ide cable so they stay in the case is been a year no problems they are ok

Comment

nice to see someone else runing a walled setup.

Comment

Working...
                X