Speakers changed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers changed

Hey i got all my stock speakers changed and they sound really great but now i need to add some bass, what are some good subs i can look into...? i saw the bazooka at my local delear are they good? or the Mojo 3 by memphis.

thanks

How much do you want to spend? Do you have an amp already? How much bass do you want?

Comment

I just put in 2 two-ways 6.5" and two 4" woofers in the back from some old hi-fi speakers and there is enough bass for me in my ute (pickup) cab. Enough to feel the car vibrating at moderate volume if you place your hand on the windscreen. And I don't even have an amp, just stock wiring, cheapo Kenwood HU and cheap speakers. The only thing lacking is the front speakers which are the stock clarion ones and the cones have ripped. I have the fader towards the rear to stop them vibrating for the time being until i can find 3.5" speakers to replace the fronts. I don't see the point of a sub other than for a pose factor. I hear idiots driving past with their subs turned up late at night and ****es me off. You don't need to let everyone else hear your bass. But I mainly listen to rock and metal, none of that rap that is a repetitive, annoying low frequency beat.

Sorry, rant over

Comment

Originally posted by fishpost19 View Post
        I just put in 2 two-ways 6.5" and two 4" woofers in the back from some old hi-fi speakers and there is enough bass for me in my ute (pickup) cab. Enough to feel the car vibrating at moderate volume if you place your hand on the windscreen. And I don't even have an amp, just stock wiring, cheapo Kenwood HU and cheap speakers. The only thing lacking is the front speakers which are the stock clarion ones and the cones have ripped. I have the fader towards the rear to stop them vibrating for the time being until i can find 3.5" speakers to replace the fronts. I don't see the point of a sub other than for a pose factor. I hear idiots driving past with their subs turned up late at night and ****es me off. You don't need to let everyone else hear your bass. But I mainly listen to rock and metal, none of that rap that is a repetitive, annoying low frequency beat.

Sorry, rant over

well i dont even have any bass, and i mainly listen to the rock/metal/hardcore

Comment

Originally posted by pokki View Post
          How much do you want to spend? Do you have an amp already? How much bass do you want?

oh and i dont have an amp... and i mean i want some bass going on and tops.... probley $500

Comment

$500 will get you some great bass. If it was me:

Digital Designs DD15xx sub (take you pick based on boot size available 8, 10, 12, 15).
            High powered 2 channel amp from a respectable brand - something around 500rms when bridged.
            Low tuned ported box (35htz with 1x 4 inch aeroport for 8-10 inch sub - 2x 4 inch ports for 12-15 inch sub).
            4 guage wiring kit.

Comment

Originally posted by pokki View Post
              $500 will get you some great bass. If it was me:

Digital Designs DD15xx sub (take you pick based on boot size available 8, 10, 12, 15).
              High powered 2 channel amp from a respectable brand - something around 500rms when bridged.
              Low tuned ported box (35htz with 1x 4 inch aeroport for 8-10 inch sub - 2x 4 inch ports for 12-15 inch sub).
              4 guage wiring kit.
              haha thanks...

but i barley now what you ment by all that... =]

im like new to this whole car stero thing..

low tuned ported box?

Comment

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/e...o/portInfo.asp

Basically if you're that new to this, a single bazooka tube type sub with built in amp will probably fit the bill and save you a few hundred dollars.

Comment

Ill second the DD sub But would reccoment a lower tuned port in the area of 23-28hz for some rock music. You will lose a few dbs but it will be more balanced and suited for his type of music.
                  Aron
                  New Ipad
                  Zapco DSP-6SL
                  Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
                  Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
                  Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

$500 to put some bass in your car? That's easy.

Kicker ZR360 - $120 (Amazing deal if they actually have it)

Dayton HO10 or 12 $120

~0.7cuft plus port volume tuned at 30Hz. It's going to be really long port, but I'm very impressed with this sub. Very musical. I'm actually replacing my 10W6V2 with it.

Don't forget to factor in wiring and having a box built if you don't know what you are doing. That's were the audio shop can come in handy.
                    System always under construction

Comment

Working...
                    X