Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading Stock System welcome criticism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgrading Stock System welcome criticism

    Here is what i plan on upgrading my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited to...the amps are already bought and the subs are on there way...going to fabricate my own stealthbox for the subs out of fiberglass...the amps and the subs are old school infinity has stopped production i managed to get my hands on them as i have heard great things...lemme know what you think...

    Head Unit
    JVC AVX33

    Amps
    Infinity Reference 1211a (mono)
    Infinity Reference 7541a (4 Channel)

    Speakers
    Infinity Kappa 693.7i 3 way speakers 6x9
    Infinity Kappa 63.7i 3 way speakers 6
    Dash Tweeters: TBA

    Sub
    (2) 12 Infinity Perfect 12.1 1400 watts

    I want my system to be loud yet clear and precise...and this is most everything that will do it up for me from what i have read as far as reviews...Lemme know what you think
    Thanks,
    trinibeta

  • #2
    Ditch the 6x9s. If you must have rear speakers get a set of matching components.

    Comment


    • #3
      dump the 3 ways all together. get a good set of comps for the front and a matching set of coaxes for the rear. you need 3 way speakers ever. and comps in the rear will through off your sound stage. dont get me wrong infinities are nice but can be harsh. have you gone to a shop and listened to them at higher volumes? that amp is fine for the 6x9's but is over powering the 6.5's. i would sell the 7541 and buy something a little more suited for a 6.5" setup. 60-75w rms would be more than enough. also your other amp is WAY to much for those subs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mylt1 View Post
        dump the 3 ways all together. get a good set of comps for the front and a matching set of coaxes for the rear. you need 3 way speakers ever. and comps in the rear will through off your sound stage. dont get me wrong infinities are nice but can be harsh. have you gone to a shop and listened to them at higher volumes? that amp is fine for the 6x9's but is over powering the 6.5's. i would sell the 7541 and buy something a little more suited for a 6.5" setup. 60-75w rms would be more than enough. also your other amp is WAY to much for those subs.
        When you mean the Amp is way to much for the other subs what do you mean? I live in Canada and went to futureshop (exactly like the US Best Buy which we have here to) and they said the amp wouldn't be enuff for the subs cuz i'll only be getting half the power from the subs...but if i take your comment into consideration...your saying it is to much power for the sub (i thought they were best suited...but if your saying this i can add two more subs in the future)...do you mind explaining so i can make those futureshop sales people look stupid...lol...thanks alot man

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by trinibeta View Post
          When you mean the Amp is way to much for the other subs what do you mean? I live in Canada and went to futureshop (exactly like the US Best Buy which we have here to) and they said the amp wouldn't be enuff for the subs cuz i'll only be getting half the power from the subs...but if i take your comment into consideration...your saying it is to much power for the sub (i thought they were best suited...but if your saying this i can add two more subs in the future)...do you mind explaining so i can make those futureshop sales people look stupid...lol...thanks alot man
          are your subs dual voice coil or single? because if u hook up ur mono amp to the speakers and run it at 2 ohms ur defnitly going to blow them. check the rms wattage on the subs. the max doesnt really mean anything. just make sure that ur speakers can handle the amp. hope that helps a little.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 20mg View Post
            are your subs dual voice coil or single? because if u hook up ur mono amp to the speakers and run it at 2 ohms ur defnitly going to blow them. check the rms wattage on the subs. the max doesnt really mean anything. just make sure that ur speakers can handle the amp. hope that helps a little.
            The subs are single voice coil at 4 ohms...

            Here is a link to the subs specs:
            http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...ures_and_specs

            and here is a link to the amps specs...
            http://www.crutchfield.com/S-EwjvuG1...px?I=108R1211A

            Here is a link to of the amp with the suggested wiring diagram given by infinity...
            http://cas07.businessflow.ms/3.9.5/m...3-cd97703ceecb

            think anyone can help me out and decide if these subs will work with this amp...i have seen a video on youtube, guy had the same amp and sub wired together and it was fine...i havent bought the subs yet so if it's an issue i think i'll be going with either the infinity 12DVQ or maybe something a little less power still by infinity up for suggestions...

            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              12” Infinity Perfect 12.1 1400 watts

              Thought so, 75-350 watts rms.

              I never look at the "peak" watts, useless figure.................

              Details:
              12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
              aluminum cone with high-roll butyl-rubber surround
              massive cast-aluminum basket
              dual 4-ohm voice coils
              suitable for free-air use (handles up to 175 watts in free-air applications)
              power range: 75-350 watts RMS (175 watts per coil)
              peak power handling: 1,400 watts
              frequency response: 18-200 Hz
              sensitivity: 96 dB
              top mount depth: 6-1/8"
              sealed box volume: 1.0 cu. ft.
              ported box volume: 1.75 cu. ft.
              Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 1, 2, 3
              warranty: 3 years

              (from crutchfeild site)
              For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
              Leonardo Da Vinci

              Comment


              • #8
                To me that amp looks like a good match for your two subs, with good potential to power 4 of those subs in the future.

                Althoudh personally I recomend people follow the idea of less is more - you'd be plesantly surprised what one good sub can achieve vs 2 or 4 average subs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Reference 1211a mono subwoofer amplifier

                  Details:
                  mono subwoofer car amplifier
                  854 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
                  variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz @ 12 dB/octave)
                  Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO) circuit (0-12 dB @ 20-80 Hz)
                  Class D design
                  CEA-2006 compliant
                  preamp inputs and outputs
                  fuse rating: 40A x 3
                  4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
                  19-3/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 12-1/8"D
                  warranty: 1 year
                  For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                  Leonardo Da Vinci

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pokki View Post
                    To me that amp looks like a good match for your two subs, with good potential to power 4 of those subs in the future.

                    Althoudh personally I recomend people follow the idea of less is more - you'd be plesantly surprised what one good sub can achieve vs 2 or 4 average subs.
                    overpowering by 600w is not the best match for those subs. he has 2 4ohm SVC subs which when wired series would give him a 8ohm load or parallel would give him 2ohms. well with a 2ohm load(which is how it should be wired) he would be pushing 1300w RMS to 2 subs that only require 700w RMS. so explain to me how this is a good match.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My bad - thought they were the DVC options

                      Details:
                      12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        the sub he linked to is a SVC the one greatwhite posted about is the DVC. all depends on how many VC's the subs he ordered actually has. the ones in the like he posted to are sold out but he could have gotten them from somewhere else.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mylt1 View Post
                          the sub he linked to is a SVC the one greatwhite posted about is the DVC. all depends on how many VC's the subs he ordered actually has. the ones in the like he posted to are sold out but he could have gotten them from somewhere else.
                          see i got mixed reviews about the DVC option for this particular sub...alot of hit and miss...it's actually called the Infinity Perfect 12.1d, where the SVC is the Infinity Perfect 12.1...and yes i can get them elsewhere (buddy of mine knows a licensed dealer with infinity)...but if these subs are causing such controversy between us all...then how about the Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 DVQ... here is a link and a review of the sub...seems pretty solid lemme know what you think again with the 1211a amp..
                          [media]http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/products/10946_eprint.pdf[/media]

                          thanks for the insightful input

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X