No announcement yet.

Digital Processor EQ vs. Winamp

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Processor EQ vs. Winamp

I have a Rockford 3sixty Digital Sound processor pulling high level input from the OEM HU. It then goes to a 4 channel amp, then to Polk Components. The HU recieves signal from CARPC sound card via AUX input. I really don't feel I am getting the loud crisp sound I should be. I have the EQ moved arround and set in the processor, as well as Winamp. Is this ok or should I flatten out one of them and let just one handle the Equalization?

leave EQ to one source. It keeps things simple.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

The processing power in the 360 is so much greater then that of winamp, you will have better results using the RF processor.
      New Ipad
      Zapco DSP-6SL
      Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
      Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
      Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Thanks I'll give it a try

One more question...I am going to be using 24 Bit Live USB external Card. I have a HU in the mix, and was going to bring the PC sound into the sound processor via a 2 RCA AUX in. Am I going to lose quality by using the aux in as opposed to splitting up all the channels in " FR L/R, REAR L/R , Sub ?

In short: No.
            Long answer: No. Are you referring to your head unit or the soundcard splitting the channels?
            Set your soundcard to 2 speaker output (as that's all you'll get via aux-in) and it'll work fine.

That said; You said you're using some sort of processor? I'm not familiar with that one.
            If it has a secondary input, you're better off connecting the carpc directly to that, it'll provide you with quadraphonic surround sound, as you're running a 4 channel amp.