purpose of sven4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purpose of sven4?

i was just wondering the purpose of the peripheral sven4. im installing a carpc in a bmw e46 and was wondering if it would be possible to connect the pc directly to the wires behind the HU.
    If i use a 3.5mm to RCA cable, and just connect all the left side wires(front n rear subs, tweeters, etc) together on one wire(red) and the right side wires(front n rear subs, tweeters, etc) on the other wire(white) to appropriate +/- terminals, would this result in bad sound? I plan on connecting an aftermarket amp later on, but using the factory external amp at the moment.
    thanks.
    2000 BMW 323i

Carputer Installed:

Lilliput EBY701 Screen
    Centrino Duo Laptop
    1.5GB RAM
    120GD HD
    iBus

Centrafuse 2.0

Originally posted by ghanchi View Post
    i was just wondering the purpose of the peripheral sven4. im installing a carpc in a bmw e46 and was wondering if it would be possible to connect the pc directly to the wires behind the HU.
    If i use a 3.5mm to RCA cable, and just connect all the left side wires(front n rear subs, tweeters, etc) together on one wire(red) and the right side wires(front n rear subs, tweeters, etc) on the other wire(white) to appropriate +/- terminals, would this result in bad sound? I plan on connecting an aftermarket amp later on, but using the factory external amp at the moment.
    thanks.
    That is not the best/proper/correct way to do it. Search the forum, and check out the "show off your ride" section for your car.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Why not? He asked why.
      My BMW E46 carpc
      My iGuidance 4 skin
      FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Comment

was just wondering the purpose of the peripheral sven4.
        They're designed to be used with the OEM steros and aftermarket amps/speakers, not aftermarket stero (carpc) and factory amps/speakers - which is what I gathered you are trying to do.

Comment

Currently I have the outputs of my usb sound card running into the stock wiring/amp but volume is low. Will a sven4 help this or how should I hook this up properly?
          My BMW E46 carpc
          My iGuidance 4 skin
          FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Comment

No. Use a line driver.

Comment

Working...
            X