remote turn on for amps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote turn on for amps

okay here is the main question i have at this point, right now i have a pioneer avic-n2 that i am going to sell, when i do im going to put in an lcd and my compaq laptop, now i know how to hook up the rca cables but how do i connect the remote turn on for the amps? The wire from the headunit that tells the amps to turn on. Is there another wire i can use or maybe something off the gm harness that i wont be using?

You can run a relay off whatever will be powering the computer

Comment

Originally posted by lbridges View Post
      You can run a relay off whatever will be powering the computer
      well its a laptop so im going to be using a belkin auto/air to power it, but i am going to use an m2 atx to power my xbox, i can run the remote wire off that?

Comment

Pins J6 on M2-ATX, see the manual for details.
        Carputer Project Status:
        0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
        Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

Originally posted by tacobandit View Post
          well its a laptop so im going to be using a belkin auto/air to power it, but i am going to use an m2 atx to power my xbox, i can run the remote wire off that?

See post above, but also whatever will be triggering the auto/air plug to go hot could also trigger the amp.

Comment

any keyed 12v source will turn the amp on. find something that is controlled by the key and tap into it.

Comment

okay so i got my m2-atx today and i am looking it at, the manual says that the left pin is RMT and right is the ground. So i have to ground the pin itself?

Comment

Originally posted by tacobandit View Post
                okay so i got my m2-atx today and i am looking it at, the manual says that the left pin is RMT and right is the ground. So i have to ground the pin itself?
                im wondering the same thing. any help?
                95 Mustang 5.0
                Custom Case, VIA m10000, 512 MB, 80gig, M2-ATX, Slot Load DVD, 7" LCD Touchscreen

80% done

Comment

well i couldnt get it to work either way, so i used the 12v wire from the radio to power it, i installed a switch so that i can turn the amps on/off so i wait until the computer has loaded before i turn it on

Comment

I'm turning my amp on using the j6 jumper on a m2-atx and I don't have the ground pin hooked up to anything. The RMT pin runs straight to the turn on lead on the amp. It works great; The m2-atx delays turning on the amp for a couple seconds so you don't get any amplifier pop when it turns on.

Comment

thanks for the help
                      95 Mustang 5.0
                      Custom Case, VIA m10000, 512 MB, 80gig, M2-ATX, Slot Load DVD, 7" LCD Touchscreen

80% done

Comment

using a molex to remote the amp

hi,

can i use a 12v from a molex connector to send the signal to the amp?
                        i have a faulty m2-atx with a fried J6 transistor, then im thinking to use this as a regular psu. i'd like to confirm if when the mobo is turned off the 12v rail of the molex connector is energized or not?

thanks,

Comment

Working...
                        X