Dreaded pops of doom!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaded pops of doom!!!!

I know alot of people have the SoundBlaster Live 24. How are you people getting rid of the annoying pops when the system first starts up? when coming out of hibernation, I have one pop..... but when doing a cold boot, I here 4 loud pops, about 2 minutes apart.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

A turn on delay or mute delay should do the trick.

Need to know what the rest of your audio system is/how it's connected

Comment

Ok, here is how it goes...... i have the SoundBlaster Live on one of the main onboard USB ports..... then from the Soundcard, it connects to ground loop isolators, then i have front going to a 150 watt mini amp, and the rear also going to a second mini amp.... both amps are delayed by the PSU. From the amps it connects to the speakers.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Simplest solution would be to delay the amps from tuning on until after the PC has fully booted. Either by usign a time delay relay, or having the PC initiate the amp turn on.

both amps are delayed by the PSU
        What's you current delay length?

Comment

Originally posted by pokki View Post
          Simplest solution would be to delay the amps from tuning on until after the PC has fully booted. Either by usign a time delay relay, or having the PC initiate the amp turn on.

What's you current delay length?
          im not sure..... it may be configured wrong... im using the feature the OPUS 320 has. I think I have it set to 10 seconds..... how would I have the PC turn it on? Is there a way to tell the PC not to activate the SoundBlaster till a certain time?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Look at the documentation for your power supply and see if the amp turn on cicuit has a delay and if it is configurable.
            If it is, you will have to adjust the delay to your amps. You will have to determine how long it will take for your particular system.
            If you've got "thumps" or "pops" at the two minute mark, that's how long you need to delay your amp turn on signal.

I'm using a dsatx to power my P4, but it doesn't take 2 minutes for the system to boot up past the pops. Usually at around the 20 sec mark I'm good to go.
            For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
            Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

how would I have the PC turn it on?
              A pc connectable switchable device (fusion brain or parallel port driven switches) should do the trick.

Comment

PAC audio TR7. You can program it have a turn on delay and turn off instantly with the key/ignition.
                System always under construction

Comment

the opus doesnt seem to have a very long delay.........

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                  X