No announcement yet.

I think my speakers are blown, not sure though

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my speakers are blown, not sure though

I just had to reinstall my carPC due to a blown mobo, and after some problems, i finally managed to get it up and running, but I think during that process I blew my speakers, atleast at some of the higher frequencies.

The 10 band EQ I used randomly had all my higher frequencies set to the max at some point.

Anyways, I hear a crackling on about half the songs, and some frequencies just seem a lot quieter than they i'm assuming that my speakers are blown. The front ones (6.5) sound worse than my rear (6x9) which i'm assuming is because the larger ones are a bit more robust when it comes to handling higher wattage bursts or distortion (but thats just an assumption)

My friend said it could also be bad wiring and/or a bad amp. However, I haven't changed the wiring, and its been working fine for 3 years, and I'm not sure about the amp, but from the distortion that my speakers received during install/high EQ settings, thats what leads me to believe its my speakers blown.

so i'm asking the people here that have dealt with speaker installs much more than I have. What do you think? I'm going to change the speakers with tester ones later this week when I have time to test it, but I want some insight to this issue from the pro's.

Thanks for your time.