This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my speakers are blown, not sure though

I just had to reinstall my carPC due to a blown mobo, and after some problems, i finally managed to get it up and running, but I think during that process I blew my speakers, atleast at some of the higher frequencies.

The 10 band EQ I used randomly had all my higher frequencies set to the max at some point.

Anyways, I hear a crackling on about half the songs, and some frequencies just seem a lot quieter than they should...so i'm assuming that my speakers are blown. The front ones (6.5) sound worse than my rear (6x9) which i'm assuming is because the larger ones are a bit more robust when it comes to handling higher wattage bursts or distortion (but thats just an assumption)

My friend said it could also be bad wiring and/or a bad amp. However, I haven't changed the wiring, and its been working fine for 3 years, and I'm not sure about the amp, but from the distortion that my speakers received during install/high EQ settings, thats what leads me to believe its my speakers blown.

*breath*

so i'm asking the people here that have dealt with speaker installs much more than I have. What do you think? I'm going to change the speakers with tester ones later this week when I have time to test it, but I want some insight to this issue from the pro's.

Thanks for your time.
Working...
X