i got my first audison amp!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got my first audison amp!

so i just picked up a Audison SRX5 (factory authorized) for $21!!! This thing is going into my daily driver volvo s60 with a modest active 2 way setup. I can't wait to power this thing up!
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

$21? How did you pull that off?

EDIT: nm...I'll bet you won it through this raffle - http://www.elitecaraudio.com/forums/...postid=1125624

Comment

congrats!!!!

I was gonna enter over there but as I have only posted once or mabye twice I wouldnt feel right if I won.
      Aron
      New Ipad
      Zapco DSP-6SL
      Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
      Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
      Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

Nice.

Mr Marv's raffle FTW!
        System always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by stroths View Post
          $21? How did you pull that off?

EDIT: nm...I'll bet you won it through this raffle - http://www.elitecaraudio.com/forums/...postid=1125624
          nope! not from elitecaraudio... but same raffle over at diyma.
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

lucky bastard!
            Carputer runing Media Engine

kicker mids and highs, on a eclipse amp

10" lightning audio subs on a kicker, soon to be replaced with MA audio comp subs!

Comment

Thats the one I ment.
              Aron
              New Ipad
              Zapco DSP-6SL
              Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
              Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
              Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

Nice!
                Play with it, 'til it's broke.

Comment

damnit, we should all have such good fortune. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

OT but have you ever been to the famous bbq?

even more OT: $21 for that audison, why not splurge on the Dyns that should go in that volvo now?

Comment

Originally posted by sedtc View Post
                    damnit, we should all have such good fortune. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

OT but have you ever been to the famous bbq?

even more OT: $21 for that audison, why not splurge on the Dyns that should go in that volvo now?
                    I was going to go last year but my g/f had other plans for me, I'm single now so i may be able to make it up there this year.

Well, the dyn's are for the vette :-) i really want to challenge myself to prove that i can get a great sounding system by focusing more on installation and not as much on equipment
                    New System in progress:
                    M10k
                    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

if i wasn't on the other side of the country, i'd be there too.

i am with you on the challenge, projects can get a bit boring with unlimited budgets. it can be so much easier to throw money at the problem than to be creative. also nothing worse than dropping a load of hard earned money on what you think is the bee's knees only to be dissappointed by less than stellar results. as it has been proven, any jackass with a credit card can buy the equipment but only a true and dedicated craftsman can make it all sing.

that butler setup that you had was to be admired. i must tip my hat to you, from what i've read of your posts over the years you really are serious about good sound (except for the convertible think but i think that can be overlooked) and unafraid to take chances to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by sedtc View Post
                        if i wasn't on the other side of the country, i'd be there too.

i am with you on the challenge, projects can get a bit boring with unlimited budgets. it can be so much easier to throw money at the problem than to be creative. also nothing worse than dropping a load of hard earned money on what you think is the bee's knees only to be dissappointed by less than stellar results. as it has been proven, any jackass with a credit card can buy the equipment but only a true and dedicated craftsman can make it all sing.

that butler setup that you had was to be admired. i must tip my hat to you, from what i've read of your posts over the years you really are serious about good sound (except for the convertible think but i think that can be overlooked) and unafraid to take chances to get there.
                        thanks for the compliment... if you think the vert is bad you should hear my exhaust! :-\ the minute i start my car sq goes out the window.
                        New System in progress:
                        M10k
                        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

To sedtc and everyone,

Wow, I HAVE had some credit cards w/nice available limits, but never an unlimited budget!!??

But what a right on comment about how any jackass can throw $$$ out to "buy" a great system. It often seems that too much money to spend actually inhibits creativity and limits results.

I have been broke but hungry to build / improve a car audio system, and have rummaged thru old box speakers in my workshop, even old big console stereos - looking for speakers, crossovers, whatever...and have put together some real WOW setups.

Maybe it's the fun of playing the sounds to friends, then when they find out what you've cobbled together to get those great sounds - that makes one even more proud...

happy carpc'ing

Happy CarPC'ing!

Comment

yeah, i think i'm going to go with some ~$25 seas neo tweets, ~$45 dayton mids and my old ID 12" sub. that setup is going to cost less then one of my dyn tweets!
                            New System in progress:
                            M10k
                            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

any plans for a carpc and processing in your dd? the volvo will probably be a better stage than the c5 but not nearly as much fun to drive. this might be a good time to experiment with the idea of doing the processing on the pc. an efficient dual core cpu, m-audio 1010 pci soundcard, and the appropriate software could be the all in one solution to get 'er done with minimal fuss.

Comment

Working...
                              X