No announcement yet.

Line-in (HQCT tuner), Mic, and PC Audio out

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line-in (HQCT tuner), Mic, and PC Audio out

I want to use microphone for voice input and line-in for radio (HQCT). My soundcard SB live has got microphone and line input, but there is a switch in the mic jack, so line-in can only be used if there is no microphone connected!

-- question 1 -- So I need an extra input for the mic. Can I add a soundcard, or maybe configure the PC to use its internal mic input?

Apart from this I am very happy with my SB live. It contains equalizer and sub output that fits my 2.1 system. (At least I think so at this moment) It also contains noice generator that will be a great tool for measuring frequency curve. I would like to get a flat curve with eq and then use bass and treble control, and maybe loudness.

-- question 2 -- Have you guys a recommendations in what measuring mic and sw to use?

-- question 3 -- What about more simple bass/treble type of filter. Any suggestions?

-- question 4 -- What do you think about letting SB live handle sub out? good enough, or should I use the poweramps filters?

General points? What do you think?

help much appreciated
    My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"

Well, I've found that the onboard audio is much better suited for my needs. It can mix microphone, line-in (tuner) as well as wave (pc).

Audio quality should be good enough. It's applies to Microsoft WHQL/WLP 2.0 audio requirements and has 100dB S/N.

Its a RealTek device.

My mobo is the Commell LV-679

My questions are:
    - how does the sub support work? I have not found a way to set turn-over frequencies. Maybe because I have not connected a sub yet...
    - Can plug-in equalizer be used?
    - Can the mixer/eq be controlled from sw?

My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"