Question to Auzentech card owners about OPAMPs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to Auzentech card owners about OPAMPs

Fellow Auzentech card owners, can you share your experience with upgrading your opamp in your card? I have not done so yet and really want to, but I'm a little ignorant about the why, wheres and hows. Plus, I've noticed that just yesterday they've released another new slew of them (see the main news page on www.auzentech.com). Is the SQ difference very noticeable? Do you recommend it? I have a Prelude card. Can any opamp be used on any card?
    Thanks.
    My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Wow, thats cool that they're selling those through their site now. I have an X-Meridian in my car and an X-Prelude in my desktop. Absolutely awesome cards, both of them. I think the Meridian is easily the better sounding of the two, which is why I stuck it in my car. The Preludes are primarily meant for gaming.

As for upgrading the opamps... I guess I would have to hear it first. The ones they ship on the cards are pretty decent from my understanding, and I don't know that you would be able to hear a beneficial difference in a car environment. In a quiet room with headphones, yes.... but probably not on the highway.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So you think the XMeridian is better? Hmm, I might have to grab one and give it a listen.

Comment

If you can find one please let me know where!

Comment

I just found one on Craigslist! What are the chances? Just bought it.

Comment

Working...
          X