stock with no rca's how do i hook subwoofers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock with no rca's how do i hook subwoofers

when it comes to this everybody talks about if your amp has a high level imput
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i am trying to spend no more money than i areddy have
    This is my first setup i am trying to install

1.2 directed audio 12" 1200 watt subs
    2.VOLFENHAG ZX-8100 2 chanle amp 800 watts
    3.power surge protecter
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    plzzz help me out if my am has a high level imput tell me what to do if it doesnt than tell me what i can do for 0$

I dont think I've known an automotive use for a surge protector. What are you using that for?

If your amp as high level inputs, then you can just input the corresponding speaker lines into the amp. If your amp does not have hight level inputs and only uses RCAs, then you must convert it to low level inputs with the use of a line out converter (LOC).
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

i am using the surge protecter so that if to much power goes threw the wireing the fuses on my amp wont blow it will be the surge protecter first and could you plzz take a look at this website and tell me if my amp has high level imputs if so plzzz tell me what to do with them in detail

http://www.volfenhagaudio.com/amplifiers.html

Comment

i figered out my amp does run high level inputs so could some one tell me step by step how i could hook my subs up this way. What wires do i cut. Witch ones do i tye. Just step by step
        also will it change the sound quality any.
        and if i do it this way will it rewen the rca wire if i ever want to buy and adapter and hook it up the other way

Comment

Drive to the nearest shop that offers car audio installation. Hand over your keys, and open your wallet. Because it appears that you might be in over your head. With limited skill level, knowledge, and understanding of what you need to accomplish, you might end up causing more damage than good. As a result you may end up paying more than double what you had hoped just to fix your mistakes.

And please dont double post, It's annoying.
          "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
          "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
          [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

What kind of car is it? Does it have a stock amplifier already?
            [98%]

Comment

Originally posted by pancit175 View Post
              Drive to the nearest shop that offers car audio installation. Hand over your keys, and open your wallet. Because it appears that you might be in over your head. With limited skill level, knowledge, and understanding of what you need to accomplish, you might end up causing more damage than good. As a result you may end up paying more than double what you had hoped just to fix your mistakes.

And please dont double post, It's annoying.
              What he said!!!
              2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
              Core Duo CarPC
              CarDomain page

Comment

lmao at surge protector. I really hope you aren't talking about a spike bar or something haha.

A FUSE is what protects your stuff from surges..they are made to blow.

And yes, go read a lot more about installs. You need to educate yourself way beyond the scope of your question posed here.

Comment

Line output converter, wired to your rear speakers. This is the short answer.

Comment

i believe you can buy a Scosche Line output converter at wal-mart.....

just a suggestion....
                    LSX Void 3.3 Gauges Mod

Comment

looks to me like that amp can take high level inputs directly. Why would you need a line converter?

Comment

Cause there's a chance the deck does not have RCAs on it. It's cool having an amp and all but if it isn't getting an audio signal all it can do is chill.

Originally posted by ArcaneDreams View Post
                        looks to me like that amp can take high level inputs directly. Why would you need a line converter?

Comment

Originally posted by ASCI_Blue View Post
                          Cause there's a chance the deck does not have RCAs on it. It's cool having an amp and all but if it isn't getting an audio signal all it can do is chill.
                          From the high-res image I have seen of that amp, it appears to have standards speaker inputs as well as RCA inputs.

I may be mistaken though. The angle was funny.

Comment

I see what you are saying, but unless you mean something totally weird that I don't know about you are missing my point. How do you get a signal to the amp? From the deck. If the deck does not have RCAs how is one supposed to connect it to the amp? You have to add RCAs.

Comment

Product Description:

* 800 watts, 2-channel amplifier
                              * Ultra slim 1-1/4" height for a compact installation
                              * Blue light illuminated right and left sides
                              * Blue light illuminated cooling fan
                              * Blue light illuminated terminals
                              * Tri-mode capable
                              * Remote bass control with 20ft. wire
                              * 2 ohms stereo stable, 4 ohms momo
                              * 2-channel bridgeable power amplifier
                              * High and low RCA inputs available by the switch of a button <------- this is the inputs!
                              * RCA preamp line output
                              * Selectable HPF/Full/LPF crossovers:
                              o HPF (High-Pass Filter): 40Hz - 250Hz
                              o Full: 15Hz - 30kHz
                              o LPF (Low-Pass Filter): 40Hz - 250Hz
                              * Adjustable input sensitivity: 0.2V - 6V
                              * Bass boost: 0-18 dB
                              * PWM MOSFET power supply
                              * Soft delayed remote turn-on
                              * Dual color indicator LED (Power and Protection)
                              * Dimensions: 12.87"W x 1.5"H x 8.66"L

my suggestion get a Line output converter and read the instructions on how to install!
                              LSX Void 3.3 Gauges Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X