Sound Card Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Card Ideas

So I'm trying to get rid of my HU. I no longer think its needed to control the volume, really, its just a waste of 200$ as thats ALL its doing, JUST volume. So, I was wondering, which PCI sound card do all of you guys use? If at all. I have a 5ch amp (Soundstream Van Gogh VGA800.5) that connects to the HU. I used to have a HU that had RCA jacks for Front, Rear and SW. That HU died and now I have a HU that has Front and Rear/SW where the SW and Rear are split and I make some changes in the HU to have the Subs play with the rear speakers. I am completely unhappy with this setup as I KNOW Im loosing some of the rear sounds. So, I want a sound card that I can put in my puter that will let me use the Front/Rear/SW RCA's as they should. If I have to convert to 3.5mm I will. Im just trying to get an idea of what eveyone else on this forum does without HU's. Thnks!
    ~Fin~
    My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

I use two different Auzentech cards. They are, in my opinion, the best-sounding consumer-level PCI cards available today. I have not heard the Onkyo card which could easily be better, but isn't nearly as easy to get your hands on, else I'd have tested it already.

Check out all the soundcard reviews at Elitebastards.com. They have a ton of reviews of different cards over there.
    My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Thanks Ill check that site out. Im in the middle of work right now, so before I get caught, ill look tonight. Thanks for the reply.
      ~Fin~
      My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

Comment

Working...
      X