Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Help (High End Audio System)

Hey guys!

I am currently building a system to compete in IASCA here in Brazil.

My objective is to have the best SQ possible.

I was gonna use a CLARION DRZ9255 that I have but now i am thinking on building a CARPC.

I have been reading some threads on this forum and I have been learning a lot.

What config do you guys recommend?

My main objective is to be able to fully control all my speakers (3-way frontstage + subwoofer). I need crossovers / time alignment / etc.

What soundcard do you guys recommend?

Also how can I connect my amps to the CARPC?

Thank you!
    Team Hybrids Brazil
    Clarion DRZ9255 | Hybrid Audio Legatia L631-3 Pro | Arc Audio Arc10D2 | Arc Audio 4200SE (2)

If absolute SQ were my #1 concern, I would use a sound card from "M Audio", feeding it into an AudioControl Three.1 preamp/crossover. Use the internal crossover as you final high-pass, then low pass it into an AudioControl 2XS.

SQ will be miles ahead of any time alignment crap ever made, plus massively pure signal. plus you could source some DVD-A disks and rip them to your hard drive.

GL!
    Luke

Comment

Luke, thank you very much for the recommendation.

But I think a setup like this would cost a lot right?

I want to build a CARPC but I need to make sure I have the same sound quality as a DRZ9255 or better, you know?

If I get a sound card from MAudio, how can I connect my amplifiers to it?

Thank you!
      Team Hybrids Brazil
      Clarion DRZ9255 | Hybrid Audio Legatia L631-3 Pro | Arc Audio Arc10D2 | Arc Audio 4200SE (2)

Comment

wow, the drz9255 is going to be a tough one to beat.
        easiest solution would be car pc to an alpine h701.

have you read through this subforum:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/high-end-solutions/
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

I personally don't like the way the H701 sounds.

I had the idea that I could build a CARPC without spending tons of money (over U$1k) and I would have the same SQ or better, compared to the DRZ.

Thank you!
          Team Hybrids Brazil

Comment

if your looking for sq there are better products that the maudio it is used for pro audio recording and i use to manage a store that sold their produts, if you really want good conrol over everything look into a more expensive sound card something external even, something fully controllable like a motu traveler thats a dang good sound card if you want a good site to go to to do research on high end "recording studio quality sound cards" just start at guitar centers website then go around reading the reviews on other sites, PM me too if you want my personal opinion but maudio is near the bottom of the bucket on that level of quality
            MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

fair enough about the h701.

the e-mu cards got really high reviews and they wont break the bank either. you never gave us your requirements, i assume you want to do all the processing by the pc and/or soundcard? if so you are going to need a more powerful mobo then; say an m10k, so you should factor in that as well (money wise)
              New System in progress:
              M10k
              Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
              Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
              Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
              Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
              Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
              My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

i actuall use an emu in my studio lol they are good little cards
                an amazing setup would be a MB with the pcmcia slot then load in an emu 1616 its a bad a$$ with 16 ins and 16 outs
                DID SOME RESEARCH look at this maudio this is the FIRST thing that came to mind for a great carpc sound card
                the Delta 1010LT - 10-In/10-Out PCI take a look at all them rca outs yum yum-200$
                MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx View Post
                  fair enough about the h701.

the e-mu cards got really high reviews and they wont break the bank either. you never gave us your requirements, i assume you want to do all the processing by the pc and/or soundcard? if so you are going to need a more powerful mobo then; say an m10k, so you should factor in that as well (money wise)

Thank you very much for the help.

Well my audio system will be a 3-way frontstage and a 10" subwoofer. I will have 8 channel os amplififers (so everything active).

I am planning on doing all the processing through the CARPC. What do you think? I am open to suggestions.

Basically I am thinking of a solution without spending much more than U$1k.
                  Team Hybrids Brazil

Comment

I need some recommendations regarding:

Mobo / Processor
                    Soundcard (do I need one with RCA outs? I need 8 channels)
                    PowerSupply

Thx a lot!
                    Team Hybrids Brazil

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/wiki/index.php...g_via_Software
                      System always under construction

Comment

Thank you very much Durwood.

I was reading that link a while ago.

But I still didn't understand how I can connect my amps to the soundcard. Do I use a RCA Cable with a different connector on the soundcard?

Do you think I will have a better SQ compared to the DRZ?

Thank you!
                        Team Hybrids Brazil

Comment

Depends on if the soundcard has 3.5mm mini headphone jacks or RCA jacks. You can get whatever cables you need that fits the connectors on the soundcard.

As far as SQ goes, that is all in the tuning/install. I went from a H701 to software tuning, analog out of my soundcard and it works great. There is a steep learning curve jumping from a DSP box/HU with built in processing to setting up a computer to implement software tuning. Good luck.
                          System always under construction

Comment

Durwood!

Thank you very much!

I am aware of all that goes into tuning/install. What I am asking is, would a CARPC Soundcard with a very nice tuning sound better than the DRZ?

Also, which sound card do you recommend for my system? Should I get one with 8 RCA outs?

Thank you so much!
                            Team Hybrids Brazil

Comment

A carPC can sound better than a head unit. The thing here though is that you won't simply be able to install it and be done with it. It's not like picking something off the shelf and being done. This route takes time and a willingness to do your own research and to learn about the different aspects of the computer in the car. I'd equate it to someone wanting to compete in Sound Quality but just taking their car to a shop, handing them the credit card and then asking to be called when it's done. You don't really know what it took to install it, you don't know how everything was done, and you don't know how to trouble shoot it. That's why I don't like just telling people what to do, because then you're not really learning anything.
                              Jan Bennett
                              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                              X