No sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound

I have been using a P.I.E. GM12-AUXV2 auxiliary input in my 2004 Tahoe to connect my carputer to my factory stereo and it was working perfect. My wife drove it a few days ago and said she pushed several buttons on the stereo and now it's as if the stereo is not recognizing the carputer. I hooked up another source and also no sound. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
    Thanks.

Well your first problem was letting your wife push buttons without supervision. That is almost always an invitation for disaster!

The last after market stereo I had installed had various inputs and a single button to change form one to another. It was extremely annoying not being able to go straight to the input I wanted, but it did have an option to disable unused inputs and remove them from the rotation. Perhaps that's what happened?

Does everything else on the stereo work fine?
    Planning: Never ends!
    Parts: Strewn about the house...
    Install: Someday soon...

Comment

yes, everything thing else on the stereo still works perfect. Also, this is the factory stereo.

Comment

That mine was aftermarket is irrelevant, was just relating an anecdote to a sort of similarish situation I had.

My only advice now is put your wife in time out and never let her near your setup again :P
        Planning: Never ends!
        Parts: Strewn about the house...
        Install: Someday soon...

Comment

Try to unplug the P.I.E. GM12-AUXV2 and plud it back in to reset it see if that works.
          Aron
          New Ipad
          Zapco DSP-6SL
          Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
          Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
          Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

Working...
          X