installing audio in for MP3 player on stock radio. searched for an hour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing audio in for MP3 player on stock radio. searched for an hour

My first post. I searched for an hour but didnt' find and answer.

There was a post similar to mine but not exact. here's my situation. I have a 2000 Suzuki Esteem 4 door with a factory stereo which has controls for an optional, external cd changer. I'd like to install a female audio jack anywhere in the car and have it input somewhere in the radio.

I realize that I may need to make a dummy plug so the radio thinks there is a changer connected.

assuming I am correct about the dummy plug (with the audio input) am I on the right path?

follow-up question: where can I find FREE wiring diagrams for this connection (cd changer) and for the radio. If I have a chance I will edit with exact brand and part number of radio. I've looked for while and cannot find it online.

Thank you all in advance.

Erik

im not sure what the stock HU has as far as i/o ports on the back but i just grabbed a aux-in rca adapter for my alpine HU that plugs into the CD changer input was like $20... in my last car i ported the aux line to a blank panel in my dash by drilling a hole in it and mounting a female 3.5mm input... worked pretty nice

Comment

thanks dude, I'll try that.

Comment

there is a hard-mod way if other not works: wire directly to the mixer IC, instead of radio or CD sound... just open it, and note the IC-s on the PCB (this might be a TDAxxx labeled flat one, not the heatsinked on the border), than we will help you with other steps...

/ by this way you will need a not too big soldering iron too... /
        "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
        Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Originally posted by twry View Post
          im not sure what the stock HU has as far as i/o ports on the back but i just grabbed a aux-in rca adapter for my alpine HU that plugs into the CD changer input was like $20... in my last car i ported the aux line to a blank panel in my dash by drilling a hole in it and mounting a female 3.5mm input... worked pretty nice
          I looked and it only has a 13 pin din. I found a mod that includes a switch and an audio input but I think I have to have a ch changer installed first.

Comment

Originally posted by FPeter View Post
            there is a hard-mod way if other not works: wire directly to the mixer IC, instead of radio or CD sound... just open it, and note the IC-s on the PCB (this might be a TDAxxx labeled flat one, not the heatsinked on the border), than we will help you with other steps...

/ by this way you will need a not too big soldering iron too... /
            do you have pictures of a garden variety mixer ic?

Comment

usually its a SOIC-type IC, like this:

for example the TDA7348
              "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
              Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Working...
              X