what will go harder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what will go harder

i have 2 amps ( 800 watt pioneer , and 1000 watt boss amp)

the pioneer has 2 speaker outputs

the boss has 1 speaker output

what will be better for my dual subs.. the less watt pioneer amp OR the boss with the subs wired into the 1 output.

or would it be worth paying another 300 for a high watt amp with dual outputs

cheers

Without knowing any more specifics than you provided, I would tend to use the 1000 watt, single-output amp to power the subs. As long as the amp can tolerate 4 ohms, simply wire the 8 ohm sub drivers inparallel, for a combined impedence of 4 ohms.

I am not a listener of music that relies primarily on sub frequencies for its appeal, but other music can have plenty of sub freqs that might benefit from lotsa sub power available...

Also, you could save that 800 watt Pioneer stereo amp for some other use...where you want a stereo (two-channel) amp.

Just be sure that your subs can handle that 1kw amp!

That's my 2cents worth. Blessings and good luck all over ya.
    Happy CarPC'ing!

Comment

PS:

Hey Sharkey, howzabout posting some pictures and your carpc specs?
      Happy CarPC'ing!

Comment

i need the ohm rateing on the subs

if you found a link to everything you owned i that be ok too

what kinda subs and what ohm are they?
        MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

Originally posted by brucedog View Post
          Without knowing any more specifics than you provided, I would tend to use the 1000 watt, single-output amp to power the subs. As long as the amp can tolerate 4 ohms, simply wire the 8 ohm sub drivers inparallel, for a combined impedence of 4 ohms.

I am not a listener of music that relies primarily on sub frequencies for its appeal, but other music can have plenty of sub freqs that might benefit from lotsa sub power available...

Also, you could save that 800 watt Pioneer stereo amp for some other use...where you want a stereo (two-channel) amp.

Just be sure that your subs can handle that 1kw amp!

That's my 2cents worth. Blessings and good luck all over ya.

it is 2 ohms,
          it all doesnt matter anyway, i invested in a kenwood 2ch 2000 watt amp
          and yerr the subs are 1000 watt so it will handle it

and ill get pics up wen i can figure it out,

cheers.

Comment

Well....

Maybe.

You might have a 2000 watt amp, and two 1000 watt speakers, but those are not rated with the same scale, and those numbers are IF lightning strikes.

The amp is rated at it's absolute maximum usually at 14 volts @ 1ohm. That is not a realistic environment for a car, and the amp is definitely not be stable at 1ohm.

Subs are rated at their failure point, so if you put 1000 watts continuously into each, they will become excessively hot, and stuff will start to melt.

Also, the impedance of the speakers will determine the output of the amp, so if you wire the speakers in an 8 ohm load, you will only be getting about 200 total watts out of that amp...

So, in order for us to help you, it would be cool to know what speakers and what amp you have.

Edit:
            Which pioneer amp do you have, I might be willing to make a reasonable offer for it.
            2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
            Car PC Progress:
            Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
            Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
            Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
            RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
            View my
            Worklog
            Road Runner Skins
            Website
            Favorite thread EVER!

Comment