Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double DIN and Single DIN dash.

Hello all,
    I was wondering what type of radio dash fits my car. I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue and I want to install a touch screen radio deck in it. I need to know if it is 1 or 2 DIN. I don't know how to tell or what that means so any help would be greatly appreciated. I posted a picture below of my dash unit and was wondering if you could tell me whether it was a 1 or 2 DIN. I want to install it myself too is that possible?

Thanks,
    Drew

The radio (the top bit) looks like a double din. The bottom, which looks like A/C controls looks like a single din.

here is some more info on DIN slots. link

It shouldn't be that hard to fit yourself. I am not sure if your car has a propriatary audio system that may make it a little more difficult. Someone with the same car as you may be able to shed some more light.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Ok thank you for the help. I am going to get a double DIn

Comment

i have a double din dash but i was wondering if i could install a single din instead? What would i need to do that.

drew

Comment

You'll need a metra or other type conversion kit.

Comment

I would like to install it by myself too. Would i be able to do that with the conversion kit?

Comment

Oh yea, they're fairly easy to install. If you go to http://www.metraonline.com/fit.aspx you can input your vehicle information and you can view the instructions.

More often than not, taking the dash apart is the hardest part.

Comment

So i can fit a single din dash in my double din slot is what this means? Will it still look good?
                thanks for all the input btw

Comment

I installed one in my wife's car last year, it looks fine.

Here's an example install:

That's in an 05' Xterra.

Comment

i think 2-din will fit, but if you would like to install 1-din, you need a mounting kit.

Comment

In either case, single/double din, you will need an appropriate dash kit. In some cases, the manufactures of the dash kits for that car, like metra part #99-2003, they have both solutions for single din or double din within the same packaging. And can be picked up at your local shop or bestbuy
                      "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
                      "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
                      [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

do they make a dash kit for a 2 din that will fit a 1 din and a 1/2 din in it

Comment

Thats not a 2 din radio. Its a factory specific 1.5 din. They suck for installing radios as you have to get a 1 din or fabricate a bracket for a 2 din

Comment

Working...
                          X