USB Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Radio

After a bunch of reading, Ive learned that there are basically three solutions for carputer radio:

- cheap USB modules by Silabs or a Radioshark or whatever
    - the HQCT module from MP3Car
    - a Visteon Zoom thing with a cable from MitchJS

Is this right? I want to use the Zoom so that I can get HD radio and analog radio. Also, is there a schematic for the serial cable MitchJS sells? I saw people mentioning it but couldn't find it.

Thanks.
    2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
    Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
    Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
    The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

U should get the Visteon with Mitch's cable so you can enjoy the new HD technology.

Comment

Can I make Mitch's cable on my own instead of paying 25 bucks? I have quite an extensive electronics background.
      Blog

Comment

I'm sure you can make the cable, however u need to have someone that has it look at it and try and get the pinout.

Comment

Well I can like reverse engineer mitch's board, but is there a simple schematic available instead?
          Blog

Comment

Maybe, but I can't remember if it is this cable, or one of his others (like for the Sirius radios, etc) that it is more than a pin-out. I think there's a small chip in one end.

Comment

from the photos i've seen i think there is just a level shifter circuit involved.

but then again mitch deserves some compensation for his work on the RE and software so i'll probably buy one from him when i get a module.

Comment

See, Im going to be writing my own software anyway so all I want is the cable. It looked like just some level shifting -- which would explain why there could be a chip on some. Mitch's looked like just a transistor and a few resistors, some others might use the MAX232 or whatever it was to shift serial levels.

Can anyone maybe find this pinout for me? Im having a lot of trouble finding it in Google... what the hell shoudl I search for! haha
                Blog

Comment

Working...
                X