looking for new 4channel amp for alpine type-r's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for new 4channel amp for alpine type-r's

i have 2 6.5" alpine type-r's in the front, and 6x9" set in the back, and i have an old 4 channel alpine amp thats pushing like...40w rms, but it seems that its crapping out on me, the sound quality is getting worse, and the speakers are brand new...the alpine's are rated at 100w RMS, so i was wondering what are some good 4 channel amps that are relatively small (physically) cuz its mounted under my passenger seat.

I found this deal, but am rather unfamiliar with the brand.

Orion Cobalt CO600.4
    http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/CO6004?meta=FRG

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well if no one knows anything about Orion, any 4 channel amp recommendations to power the 100w RMS alpine type r speakers?

my budget is around 150 bucks max...any suggestions would be well appreciated

Comment

well i was going to get that amp for my car it seams fairly good

Comment

the rockford fosgate 4 channels sound amazing on these speakers.

Comment

that amp i dont think is one you would like to use for those speakers. You would normally be looking for something with some headroom above your rated 100W RMS. those are only 60Wx4 @4ohms and 75W @2ohms....i know you are on a budget of around 150...so im taking a look. also, if you havent seen it yet, click on the clicky on my sig for a kinda outdated but something to start with for audio hardware selection...it will give you an idea on what you should be looking at and for...hope this helps...

I'll come back with hopefully something you can use...

also, dont forget about ebay for your purchases...some great stuff can be had second hand for much cheaper...
          Trouble deciding on car speakers? Clicky Clicky
          Speakers: DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 Link
          Subwoofer: removed
          Amplifier#1 (Front Stage): DLS Ultimate A4
          Amplifier#2 (Sub) removed
          Carputer: Removed for tablet install

Comment

you could try this amp:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046

$145.99
            200W RMS x4 @ 4ohms
            80A fuse (tipically the fuse will tell you true power handling (RMS 1000W = 80A (fuse size) * 12.5V (typical car battery power output)...
            102dB SNR
            THD <= 0.01%

I have been looking for some reviews, but i cant find any..all i can find is that it is a disscontinued amplifier...maybe a few years old...i dunno. My work machine is blocking most of the sites, and my lunch hour is almost up.

I personally have no experience with this amplifier, but it seems it will fill your needs.

ill keep checking for you if i have time and if i come up with anything else i'll post it. but that amp seems decent from the specs.
            Trouble deciding on car speakers? Clicky Clicky
            Speakers: DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 Link
            Subwoofer: removed
            Amplifier#1 (Front Stage): DLS Ultimate A4
            Amplifier#2 (Sub) removed
            Carputer: Removed for tablet install

Comment

Working...
            X