This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Help Needed - Kenwood KAC-64bs?

Hey everyone. I'm considering purchasing two (2) KAC-64bs amps used from someone. He says they are 4/3/2 amps, 280w. They problem is I can't find any specs on them anywhere! I realize they are old, but I was hoping to find the manuals or at least specs so I could figure out if they would be worth the $165 asking price (which includes a AFP-3412, 400W rockford fosgate punch HE series 12" sub and a 1 uF capacitor.

I have a Kenwood DDX-812 head unit with stock everything else. I need to change that soon! \:\) I realize I can't use the amp alone to power the one sub. I was thinking of either going 2-channel on both--one for front & the other for back--and buying a 3rd amp for the sub, OR running one as 2-channel for the front and run the other as 3-channel for the rears and sub.

Any info or advice would be appreciated!

Did you ever think to check with kenwood's website, or going as far as calling or shooting thme emailing for such information. If it is infact old as you say, kenwood has been around for a long while and it may have been before the dawn of the internet, and they may have not posted any specs online. So the buck should start and stop with the original manufacture
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Originally posted by pancit175 View Post
      Did you ever think to check with kenwood's website, or going as far as calling or shooting thme emailing for such information. If it is infact old as you say, kenwood has been around for a long while and it may have been before the dawn of the internet, and they may have not posted any specs online. So the buck should start and stop with the original manufacture
      Yes thanks. I did check their website and multiple others. I also did try to write them to no avail. I know I could keep trying and would eventually get a decent support person there. By now I think the amps are sold, however, and I'm re-organizing my plans for a bigger system.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
      X