Amplifier cutting off at med/high volume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplifier cutting off at med/high volume

I have a 2001 toyota camry le with 2 12inch ma audio xl subwoofers and a ma audio hk1000d amp. At 1ohm the amp cuts off at low bass when its up med to high volume. I can crank it up on high bass. I just recently had a 1500 amp deep cyle battery put under the hood. It still doesnt help when turning the volume up on low bass. I also have a 1.5 farad capacitor. I had all this professionally installed. Any suggestions?

just checking your amp is 1 ohm stable / capable

ahh google search says the amp is
    2 Ohm Stable (4 Ohm when Strapped)

but
    it gives a rating at 1 ohm as well which is weird
    800 Watts RMS @ 1 Ohm

Comment

i bought it from sonicelectronix.com It said under the specs it was 1 ohm mono stable

Comment

assuming the obvious like you have big power cable run directly from the battery.

take it back to where you got it from and get them to sort it out

Comment

I beleive the amp may be defective. Im sending it back to the manufactuer tommorow. we'll see if it works if so i get a brand new amp for free

Comment

you know when i first got these subwoofers i had a hifonics brutus 1200d and it ran fine. on the same wires currently in the car.

Comment

usually if you amp is indeed not ohm stable this will happen also another problem can be whats your gain set at on the amp.. im sorry to say it but most low end names when pushed pass 1/2 - 3/4 or more gain will cut out at high volume.

Comment

the gain was only up bout 3 notches but last friday i sent the amp back to the manufactuer under warranty and told them it wasnt running 1 ohm stable. they said if it they find any problem with it theyll send me a new amp. So ill hope for the best

Comment

check with the manufacture and clarify with them that it is indeed ohm stable ive seen online were it says the amp is stable but isnt only the manufacture can say for sure. good luck. also another thing to check if you ahve a voltmeter hook it up and let the amp play when its cutting out it is possible that the amp isnt getting enought juice. hook the voltmeter up at the battery take note of the voltage then again at the terminal lead of the amp if its dramatically lower your underwired. another thing to check out is your ground lead. hook up an ohm meter to the battery and then to the ground terminal of the amp. (with it off) if it reads anymore than 1.5ohms then your ground is no good and can cause a voltage drop during the hard hits

Comment

I called the manufactuer up yesterday and they said the technician will be calling me within the next 2 weeks when they get my amp in there sending me a new one and hes calling me to explain i guess what was wrong and give me a tracking number so i guess the amp was real screwed up because they said if the amp was working after they check it they call you instantly and tell you its fine. so I am happy to figure out it was the amp that was broken.

Comment

Working...
                    X