No head unit! remote wire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No head unit! remote wire?

Old Jeeps are always easy to atack due to lack of security, so I'm planning to run my IPOD into my hidden amp and speakers on my old jeep, but as I'm not running a head unit, I have no remote wire, can I run the normal 12V constant, ground and for remote have a toggle switch with 12v into the remote screw?

Thanks for your advise...

yes, you could do that. but a better way would be to wire the remote wire to your car's ACC circuit. you can tap into this circuit from your interior fuse panel, or use the ACC wire from your stock radio harness. this will turn your amp on/off automatically with the car's ignition.

F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

A good, accessible, and very common place to get ACC power is through your cigarette lighter.

Comment

i would still put a toggle switch on the remote wire somewhere.

you may forget to plug your ipod befor you start the jeep and thump pop as you plug it in while the amp is running never looks cool.

also cranking the jeep with the amp on may or may not sound pretty.

Comment

Or you can do what many installers do when we need a remote wire from a factory HU. Use the Trunk LOC by PAC

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/TRUNK-LOC.pdf

This unit will turn the amp on or off with the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by crooper View Post
            A good, accessible, and very common place to get ACC power is through your cigarette lighter.
            yes that will work fine too, as long as the car's cig lighter is switched. in many cars, the cig lighter is always live (my car's two cig lighter sockets are always live).
            F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
            Fusion Carputer [2.0]
            Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Working...
            X