Shorted something

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorted something

So the other day my brother was messing around in the trunk of my car and accidently hit the remote turn on lead for my amp with something and said it made a little spark. Now the CD receiver won't turn on, and none of the fuses are blown. So do you think that it fried the CD reciever or what?

when you say "none of the fuses" are blown, which fuses did you check?

I assume that you checked the car's fuses, but most [aftermarket] head units have their own fuse on the back of the head unit itself. that would be the first one to 'blow', did you check that one?
    F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Yeah I checked the head unit and it doesn't have a fuse. If the head unit is blown I can just buy another one that I've been meaning to. I just don't want to go buy a new one if that isn't where the problem lies.

Comment

if there is no fuse on the outside, then it probably has an internal fuse (possibly soldered in place). you could open it up to check for that, or just replace the HU.

a word of advice for when you hook up your new HU, put a fuse [inline] on the remote turn on wire (and don't let "your brother" mess around with anything in your car again)
        F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
        Fusion Carputer [2.0]
        Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Well that was what I thought, just wanted to make sure though.Thanks. Now to pick which HU to get.

Comment

Working...
          X