Home Audio Woofer in car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Audio Woofer in car

i know its pretty ghetto, but im questionable on putting my 200 watt all in one amp/sub woofer in my car. its basically a box with an amp and woofer in one, it does need power. so my question is, is their anyway of doing this with out completely mutilating my trunk/woofer?

i have a 10 disc changer in the trunk so there's at least something hot back there that i could potentially use to power it?

Originally posted by BlackFlame View Post
    i know its pretty ghetto, but im questionable on putting my 200 watt all in one amp/sub woofer in my car. its basically a box with an amp and woofer in one, it does need power. so my question is, is their anyway of doing this with out completely mutilating my trunk/woofer?
    VERY ghetto.
    If you keep the sub in its enclosure and securely mount it in your trunk, you should be fine.

i have a 10 disc changer in the trunk so there's at least something hot back there that i could potentially use to power it?
    Nope. You'd need an inverter.
    If you're willing to dig into the power requirements of the amp and see if it can accept DC power, you MAY be able to get a regulator to power it.
    But an inverter is the easy way to accomplish what you want.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

In the end, it's not worth it. Inverters introduce way too much noise into the electrical, it'll more than likely sound like crap. You may even start to hear engine noise/whine thru your stereo. How do I know, you might ask? I've done it.

Maybe if you get a high dollar true sine inverter to run it, but then it'd just be cheaper to go to wal-mart and get a crappy amp, sub, and box. I would think that would be better than using a home-audio setup.
      Tidder

Try RevFE
      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

well it seems your right, it seems like a waste of time.. i found this woofer at walmart. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6014618 it seems like a bargain. now i need to find a guide on how to install it...

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
          In the end, it's not worth it. Inverters introduce way too much noise into the electrical, it'll more than likely sound like crap. You may even start to hear engine noise/whine thru your stereo. How do I know, you might ask? I've done it.

Maybe if you get a high dollar true sine inverter to run it, but then it'd just be cheaper to go to wal-mart and get a crappy amp, sub, and box. I would think that would be better than using a home-audio setup.
          well said.

Comment

and no the power for the cd stacker would not be enough, you would need to run a new fat power wire from the battery to the amp/inverter.

Comment

Actually, that speaker setup is decent. You're not gonna get real deep lows out of it, unless you take the speaker out of that box, and put it into something a bit bigger, but the amp for it does power it decently.

Comment

Working...
              X