Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CD sound quality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CD sound quality?

    I have Car PC with creative Create Xmod connected to Sony HU aux

    I'm using Centrafuse directly with mixer off but using The HU presets.

    what do you recommend?

  • #2
    What are you asking for as far as a recommendation?

    I don't see what you're asking for here....
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

    Comment


    • #3
      How to tune it? hardware and software

      Comment


      • #4
        if you;re wanting to know how to get better sound from your system, you're opening a can of worms.

        For starters, pick one or the other to do your tuning with...EITHER Centrafuse OR the head unit. It looks like you've done this, so you're starting right.

        As for the rest of it, that's like asking someone to tell you how to drive a car....it just doesn't work like that.

        you need to learn about the theories behind crossovers and EQs as well as audio theory.

        Now, I'm not saying you need to go get a PHD in it, but you do need to spend some time reading up about it before you go and start trying to tune your system.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

        Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          if you;re wanting to know how to get better sound from your system, you're opening a can of worms.

          For starters, pick one or the other to do your tuning with...EITHER Centrafuse OR the head unit. It looks like you've done this, so you're starting right.

          As for the rest of it, that's like asking someone to tell you how to drive a car....it just doesn't work like that.

          you need to learn about the theories behind crossovers and EQs as well as audio theory.

          Now, I'm not saying you need to go get a PHD in it, but you do need to spend some time reading up about it before you go and start trying to tune your system.
          I agree, but instead of searching over the net , I'm posting here to get experience from people who faced that problem, especially that we have expert people here.

          I'm not asking for someone to come and tune my system , and I know tuning may differ from one to one , but there is a base or standard before personalizing the system.

          I see I didn't have such base yet , still HU sound is better than Car PC
          That seems strange as many people are getting rid of their HU.

          Got what I mean?

          Comment


          • #6
            That entirely depends on your signal path from the PC to the amplifiers compared to from your head unit to your amplifiers.

            Most people think that just going from the analog output of your computer to the amplifiers will be just fine. It is, if you don't have much of a standard.

            Consider the output voltage of your computer audio compared to your head unit. If you're at a half a volt from your computer, you're about average. Many head units are 2v.

            This means there's more of a likely hood of induced noise.

            In order to start to tell you anything, we need a bit more information than just the fact that you're running a computer with Centrafuse and a Sony head unit. What speakers? Where? what amplifiers? etc.
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

            Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
              That entirely depends on your signal path from the PC to the amplifiers compared to from your head unit to your amplifiers.

              Most people think that just going from the analog output of your computer to the amplifiers will be just fine. It is, if you don't have much of a standard.

              Consider the output voltage of your computer audio compared to your head unit. If you're at a half a volt from your computer, you're about average. Many head units are 2v.

              This means there's more of a likely hood of induced noise.

              In order to start to tell you anything, we need a bit more information than just the fact that you're running a computer with Centrafuse and a Sony head unit. What speakers? Where? what amplifiers? etc.
              Rear speakers:
              Infinity Reference 9613i 6"x9" 3-way (100 watts RMS)
              Front speakers:
              Infinity Kappa 63.7i 6-1/2" 3-way(80 watts RMS)
              Amp:
              JBL CS60.4 4 Ch Full Range Amplifier (60 watts RMS)

              The amp is connect to Sony xplode HU
              Car PC with Creative Xmod sound card connected to Sony AUX.

              Comment


              • #8
                What controlls do you have via your head unit?

                What do you have on the amplifier? What XO controls?

                I'm guessing that you're comparing listening to CD via the head unit to listening to a CD via Centrafuse run through the aux in on the head unit?

                If so, the aux in is NEVER going to sound as good as just the head unit it's self. It's never designed to. It's an after thought.

                It would be more appropriate to compare the head unit with a CD playing to the Computer with a CD playing, each directly connected to the amplifiers.
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

                Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

                Comment


                • #9
                  direct connection between PC and amp is the first thing I thought about but I still need the HU.

                  I went to Radioshack asking for a audio switch but no luck.

                  I need to have the ability to use any HU or Car PC.

                  Any ideas?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't understand...you need the ability to use any HU or CarPC? What, are you planning on just swapping this stuff out every week?
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

                    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                      I don't understand...you need the ability to use any HU or CarPC? What, are you planning on just swapping this stuff out every week?
                      HU has radio Car PC does not USB radio is very bad, I need to use them both but not the same time for sure.

                      let me explain , at home I have STB , DVD , Play station
                      I have A/V selector to switch between ON devices.

                      I'm thinking about something like that fot the car, device with 2 inputs and 1 output to have 4 RCA from the HU and 4 from the Car PC and 4 to the AMP
                      So if HU is ON it will work , if the Car PC is ON it will work too
                      if both are on I have the avility to Select which one to work.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ok - well, this is getting to something entirely different than you initially posted about.

                        If you want better sound then you need to not go through the aux. input on your sony head unit.
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

                        Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                          ok - well, this is getting to something entirely different than you initially posted about.

                          If you want better sound then you need to not go through the aux. input on your sony head unit.
                          you're right , I'll get the connection cables and continue the discussion.

                          BTW JTC , I saw a post with Y adapters , isn't there one cable from sound card to amp instead

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            well I just bought the cables and connect Car PC to the amp directly
                            The sound is better but still needs tuning.
                            I installed SRS , made the sound louder and has surrounded effect.

                            what do I have to do for tuning?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X