so i fried my cd deck..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i fried my cd deck..

well.. i have a 1989 bmw 325i, and i had been given an amp from a roommate so i decided to hook up the amp to my 8 inch woofer.. well i tried yesterday and failed. so i went and bought a wiring kit today and i managed to hook everthing up, it sounded beautiful.. it sounded so good i decided leave the battery connected to the car, and continuing wiring speakers(STUPID!) ... so i had connected the amp to the speaker below the rear windshield, and the speaker wire from the Stereo touched the speaker wire from the amp... it sparked, and all of a sudden the speakers from the stereo cut out.. i turned the keys to the off position and turned it back on... no power to the stereo and i was given a burning cloud of smoke from the cd deck.. i quickly unattached the battery from the car.. so a few hours later i reconnected everything and no go for power on the stereo, so i checked all the fuses, all fixed.. no go. i assume i will need a new stereo, i was wondering about any kind of electrical damage i may have caused that will not work when i go to wire my new cd deck.

if only i had left the damn battery unplugged....

anyone...

Comment

There are fuses to protect the power wires going to the stereo. If it happened that quickly, there probably wasn't enough time for any wire-melting or what not. I would be surprised if anything more than the deck was damaged.
      ** Denotes an "in car" post
      In-Car posts made from passenger seat - Be safe, Don't Post and Drive.

Comment

Working...
      X