Am I crazy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I crazy?

I just got finished with my box for the Pyle Pro 21250 21" sub. 107 db at one wat is some pretty damn good sensitivity. I could actually fit two of these things if I put the front one on an offset by moving it as far over to the right and put one on the back of the box on the left. BTW the right angle measurer is 22 (inside), by 12 inches (outside)

My Blog

yes
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
      yes
      And it's severely underpowered too. Well I did buy a new amp for it (75 amp fused, ouch!)
      My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        yes

Reminds me of back to the future.
        Old Systems retired due to new car
        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

So.... should I go for a second one?
          My Blog

Comment

im guessing your not to worried how good it sounds as long and it really shakes the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Woofnstuff View Post
              im guessing your not to worried how good it sounds as long and it really shakes the car?
              Actually it sounds VERY good. It has a rather low frequency response. Also I tuned the ports to give me the flattest curve as possible. I spent a good two days tuning the box. It's flat. Also it's a pdw21250, my bad.
              My Blog

Comment

Those are some nice sensitivity numbers for a low frequency driver.

Did you spray paint it red? I searched the pdw21250 and it looks like it has a black paper cone. I dont know if it is a good idea to be applying anything damp (like paint) to a paper cone...

Comment

I did paint it, but not with spray paint, I used a special sealing paint first to treat the paper to make it resist dampness. 8 ohm PA driver, my amp runs real cool with 8 ohms. All of my speakers are 8 ohms.
                  My Blog

Comment

Are you crazy, not really compared to...

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=46687

How about the rest of the high efficiency system?
                    System always under construction

Comment

Two alpines in the front 94dbn two infinity sm152's in the back 95db, 4 tweeters about 92db. and soon one MTX 8 inch 8 ohm subwoofer for a midbass driver. All in all 123 db at about 150 watts for EVERYHTHING. 50 watts for the sub. that 34 inch sub is only 91db, what bull****, needs to much power, about 1000 watts if I did my math correctly, where as mine is only 50 watts.
                      My Blog

Comment

I cant really talk I prefer smaller subs that give a tight bass sound personally.
                        back a few years ago now I built up a play car for myself.
                        car cost about $7000 and i think i put another $5k to $8k worth of audio gear and time in there.
                        these days you dont need to spend anywhere near that much which is great

from memory (this was 13 years ago now)
                        had a blapunkt head deck
                        Coustic 300W amp for the subs, which were 10" Pyle's
                        the the Philips 4x50W amp for the infinity 6x9's and front components. which i forget what they are now
                        also had a philips active x-over in there too
                        I could also still get the spare wheel out too

I still have the amps etc today and am using the philips on in my car now because its sounds nice and works well. see my car pc link below
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	HONDA SUBS eq_resize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	2272564

Name:	HONDA SUBS_resize.jpg
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	2272565

Name:	HONDA SUBS outside_resize.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	2272566

Comment

Nice setup I also prefer to make my own amps as well
                          My Blog

Comment

Im curious...any details on how you tuned the ports? Are those two little black holes beside the sub the ports? Looks really small for a low frequency port, especially compared to the size of the woofer itself.

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
                              Im curious...any details on how you tuned the ports? Are those two little black holes beside the sub the ports? Looks really small for a low frequency port, especially compared to the size of the woofer itself.
                              Yes they are the ports, one foot long angled PVC pipe.
                              My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X