I hope I dont sound like an idiot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope I dont sound like an idiot

Hello all. I really have no knoweledge about car audio, speakers, subs, amps etc. But I am running a 1969 Volvo 145s, pretty much restored.The thing is I have no knowledge about car audio and would like an upgrade. The audio is a Pioneer Supertuner cassete player with 6 speakers around the car. It does work, radio, tuning, all that good stuff but it is not loud at all and it wont play cassetes , Im guessing something is jammed or just broken in there. I really dont want/ need subs or any big league stuff I just want it to be louder. Is there anyway I can make it just sound louder without putting in subs and amps? Where can I take it to Pepboys, Bestbuy etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey so you are probably going to want to upgrade the stereo and speakers to new ones and in doing that without amps and what not you will probably get all of the volume you need. go to best buy, they have good installers (that are certified) to do your work and they garantee the install forever. if you are dealing with factory wiring you can ask them to replace the speaker wire with new for a little extra money.

Comment

You can get a new quality headunit with CD player that will also play MP3 discs for about $100.
      Chances are, it can wire up to the existing speakers and you're ready to go.
      If the existing speakers are iffy, you can replace them and sound rather nice.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

[QUOTE=YESindeed;1264672]go to best buy, they have good installers (that are certified)

thats the funniest **** i heard today thank you lol

Comment

might be possible that this car is equipped with 6 Volt and not 12 Volt ...

Comment

"CabrioBob might be possible that this car is equipped with 6 Volt and not 12 Volt ... "

you read my mind

Comment

Originally posted by CabrioBob View Post
              might be possible that this car is equipped with 6 Volt and not 12 Volt ...
              Not unless it was downgraded to 6V

Comment

Working...
              X