Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some good 10" subs under 5.25" deep??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some good 10" subs under 5.25" deep??

My buddy has an 2007 f150 supercab. He got a premade sealed enclosure for under his seat. It will fit two 10's in about .6cuft and has 5.25in of mounting depth. If he had more room to play with I have some nice suggestions for him, but I'm not too familiar with shallower subs. He listens to rap/hip hop and rock. Price isnt much of an issue for him, but of course not insanely expensive. Also, we will decide on amp when we figure out what type of subs. Any suggestions?

I have used these thy are an SPL sub 3.25 inches deep http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...S-W2501D2%7CD4
    Epia M1000 1.2gig, Toshiba 40gb HD, Itronix 60gb HD, 512ram,PCR, Audigy2zs, 2 Xenarc 7" , FRODOPLAYER Trying RR frontend , [email protected]/w Harrison labs amps & Caps, Focal & MB-Quart midrange, Diamond Audio D6 Subs, Mb Quart Tweets, 2-Audiocontrol three.1 !

Comment

Oh wow those have some nice specs. But do pioneer subs even sound that great?? I know they make good cd players... but never heard much about their subs?

Comment

Wait... are you sure those are 3.25 inches? If you look at the more pics they have a spec sheet that shows it beeing 6 5/8" deep??

Comment

Originally posted by kujo View Post
          Wait... are you sure those are 3.25 inches? If you look at the more pics they have a spec sheet that shows it being 6 5/8" deep??
          I don't know about the 12" but the 10" is definitely 3 1/4" deep.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Ohhh okay. That link took me pioneer champion series pro sub. How do those shallow subs sound? Do they perform well?

Comment

I ran into the same issue with my convertable mustang GT. I ended up taking back the Alpine subs and settling for Kicker subs. They are not as deep, fit my 5 7/8" deep box well. They sound great too. May be worth a look.

Comment

Some other subs I've been looking at for him are the RE Audio SL, memphis audio's slim sub. Also, I know rockford isnt as good as they used to be, but they make a p3 slim sub as well

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=

Any other suggestions??

Comment

Some sexy 10" subs. These are the eD SQ10 subs and they are 3.4" tall. Best thing is you can fit plenty of these and still have deep pockets afterward.

Comment

kenwood makes some nice shallows that are like 4.5... they sound really good i was amazed. the pioneers are designed to be free air (dont need a solid enclosure) so for that purpose they are great, but if you have room for a enclosure and plan on using one go with something like the kenwood shallow-mount

Comment

you may be able to buy smaller enclosures for subs but they will never sound as good, one of the most important factors in speaker design is the acoustic mass of air in the cab in other words volume basically you need to keep it big especially for lower frequencies.

Also the dimensions should really follow the golden ratio for speaker design so its no use have a really big volume but a small depth unless it follows this.

However sound can only really be monitored personally so i'd get a trial before spending vast amounts of money that may sound worse than a 50 boot sub

Comment

TB 10 shallow: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-862

or

Kicker CVRs... The only two I'd think about. The CVRs blow the Pio's out of the water in ever aspect... Build quality, sound quality, and SPL.
                        Play with it, 'til it's broke.

Comment

I have the TB 10 in a 0.6 cu.ft sealed enclosure. Its basically the same as the eD SQ10, apparently eD stole the design from TB. Sounds great to me, it hits very low and accurate.

Comment

Working...
                          X