Motorised multichannel volume control/preamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorised multichannel volume control/preamp

We doing some all out prroject and planning to use ever super quality PCI card(modified Lynx) or stack of external hi-fi USB DACs, but it's all meningless if volume is controled in digital domain. Need to find at least 6 channels volume control with remote so we could pass that wonderfull quality sound

Good luck finding a stepped attenuator with more than 6 channels that actually tracks close to each other.

You're going to be hard pressed to find one that does even 2 channels, let alone more.

Sounds like you want to have a great sounding solution but don't want to put any research into that solution. I have to wonder, what kind of satisfaction do you get out of that if you didn't do anything but just put it together?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
      Good luck finding a stepped attenuator with more than 6 channels that actually tracks close to each other.

You're going to be hard pressed to find one that does even 2 channels, let alone more.

Sounds like you want to have a great sounding solution but don't want to put any research into that solution. I have to wonder, what kind of satisfaction do you get out of that if you didn't do anything but just put it together?
      Actualy it's funny - it's a reostat pods do not track close. Beauty of SA is what they track perciesly(within toleraces of resistors) - hence the steeped part, The only problem with them is cost of the decent once starts at $80 for channel and ammount of torque needed to move 3 pairs calles in for complex motor/reductor assembly. Add to it cost of decent input/output buffers to preserve dynamics and you will understand why I would like to look for a commercal solution.
      And nowere on this forum such solution has been discussed - at least according to the search .

My other alternative is to use a digitaly controlled gate devices such as AD 12bit VC used by Pioneer ODR processors - but I do not like what they do to the sound.

As far as putting things together - I have good 300+ hours of ressearch, soldering, programming and integration in front of me. Guess what - they not going to bring me satisfaction - but end result - well integrated, fully functional and GREATE sounding system will bring me all the satisfaction in th world

Comment

Working...
      X