No announcement yet.

wirless USB bridge for Noise Problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wirless USB bridge for Noise Problems?

ok im sure many people here are using DAC such as the Silverstone.

Noise is an issue for some people as the DAC grabs its power from the USB port.

i recently stumbled upon this: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_Id=377793#

a wireless USB bridge! Wouldnt this get rid of all the induced noises in the USB power cable? as the wirless transmissino is digital....

not an expert in the field... would love to hear from someone if this could actually work...

not entirely sure that would knock out all noise problems, but it def would not cause any. kind of expensive to buy just to test out whether it would knock out noise. if someone has the cash to test it, i would love to know how it works!
    Check out the new version of NAS, a cross platform music frontend here

Comment

I can see this introducing a whole new element: Noise from RFI.
      Honestly, I think you're better off using a wired USB connection and a high quality, low-loss USB cable.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
        I can see this introducing a whole new element: Noise from RFI.
        Honestly, I think you're better off using a wired USB connection and a high quality, low-loss USB cable.
        this might sound foolish but i never thought that the quality of the USB cable matters. I mean the noise thats running trough the USB cable is not picked up by it...rather carrying on the noise from the "5V power" from the computer or is this a wrong assumption?

well once i finish my system and run into noise issues i might give it a shot and report my findings...

really have no experience with RFI inducing noise so i wouldn't know...well see.

Comment

Working...
        X