Advice on amp/sub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on amp/sub

I have a Kenwood KDC-X492 deck. I'm just running mid level speakers through the 4 channels, but my question is about my amp/sub combo: Not having alot of space in a 01 Camaro I am looking at 1 10" DVC Fosgate P3SD210 wired to run at 4ohms, with a Sony XM-1S amp. The sub is 300 watts RMS and the amp is 290 watts RMS at 4 ohms. Any experience with this combo and if it would be good would be appreciated.

What about the PC?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

And what's the budget... Surely you can find better quality than Sony! (and by quality, I don't just mean sound quality!)
      Play with it, 'til it's broke.

Comment

If your going to run a single 10" sub, make it a good one! It's all you'll ever need in your car...
        I have an Aurasound NS10-513-4A 10" in a 0.6Ft/3 sealed box, and nobody that's heard it believes it's just a single 10" sub in my car...

Comment

I'd have to agree with WuNgUn... While my equipment is the next notch down, setup properly, my Dayton 10" HO is the same way. I love the sub because its the response. Everyone else is just impressed that a 10" can "bump". (they of course consider the Dayton a "no-name"... Meaning since Best Buy doesn't carry it, it's no good.)

I can honestly say that NO ONE can give you opinions on what the best choices are, unless we know what you're looking for.
          Play with it, 'til it's broke.

Comment

Originally posted by thekl0wn View Post
            (they of course consider the Dayton a "no-name"... Meaning since Best Buy doesn't carry it, it's no good.)
            Haha!!! How true!

Comment

Working...
            X