Firewire 410 problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewire 410 problems

Hey everyone my name is hagay and i'm from israel.

I'm having a problem controling the firewire 410 and getting it to produce 8 channels of output to my amps.

i have allready setup console to work with it, the vst plugins are set and i hear the music through the outputs.

the problem is that the music plays for 30-40 seconds and then goes away for a second and then it comes back. i'm guessing that the card can't sync due to me bridging the spdif out to spdif in externally.

i couldn't find a way to bridge the spdif out on my card to the spdif in (in order to get it to work at console) - so i plugged an external toslink cable between them. everything works except of those hick-ups..

do i need to configue the setup diffrently ? is there any way to load a vst plugin that will show on console and allow me to wire the spdif out to the spdif in.

when i load console and then the asio driver of the card - i have 4 inputs in one side and 10 outputs on the other but there is no way to connect the spdif output to the spdif input (only the other way around).

i tried to use VAC but no luck there

i've seen that people here did get the firewire to work properlly so i'll be needing some guidence (if there is any software that i need i would love it if you send a link by pm)

thanks alot..

Hagay b.

Anyone ?

please ????

Comment

Did you try to set it up in the m-audio control panel similar to the 1010lt?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/high...io-1010lt.html
      System always under construction

Comment

There isn't any option on my driver that lets me send the spdif output to the spdif in like at the 1010lt toturial..

i'm guessing i will be needing a software based bridge.

thanks for the reply

Comment

some one here must know a way...

others have been using these 410 in carpc's before

Comment

Please Help..

I'm dying over here..

what am i doing wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by nimikipod View Post

the problem is that the music plays for 30-40 seconds and then goes away for a second and then it comes back. i'm guessing that the card can't sync due to me bridging the spdif out to spdif in externally.

i couldn't find a way to bridge the spdif out on my card to the spdif in (in order to get it to work at console) - so i plugged an external toslink cable between them. everything works except of those hick-ups..
              A little research and that is the only way I have seen people using the 410 to do this. Does it hiccup if you connect input to output straight through console with no plugins in line?

Maybe you need a higher latency setting?
              What are your computer specifications? Maybe the PC is too slow?
              Bad cable?
              Firewire card is not fully compatible? I've heard that not all work properly sometimes.

The other option is to try using Virtual Audio cable.
              One more option would be to use another card to send SPDIF or analog out back to the input of the m-audio.

Sorry you are having bad luck. I think user "machinehead" is using a firewire410.

Comment

well,

if i remember correctly, there were no hickups while it was connected for the first time straight from input to output --> im not sure.. i'll check.

the computer is based on gigabyte gm78-s2h and amd 5050e its an overkill..

how do i change latecy ?

is it possible to set the card to get an external clock source and choose the card as the source (other forums sujjested that..)

Thanks durwood for trying to help - i must say that your posts are popular here in the israel carpc scene (as little as it is..

Comment

Hello again.

i had no luck trying to fix the hickups problem..

i'm out of ideas..

when i route the signal on console directly from the input spdif to the 8 analog channels --> there are no hick-ups !!

i did try to connect an optical cable between the board's output and the firewire input but there was no luck there..

when i switch between diffrent sampling rates (44100, 96000 etc.) the hick-ups change their intervals (from every 30 secs to every 40 secs)

what should i do ?

is it possible that the problem is from the vst-plugins ?

is there any way to change the latency on the card ?

Comment

Hardware Page

The hardware page gives you access to important information and functions of the FireWire 410.

SAMPLE RATE DETECTED This field displays the currently-detected sample rate from the currently selected sync source.

ASIO/WDM BUFFER SIZE In this field you can select the buffer size you wish to work with. Smaller buffer sizes result in lower latency (the
                    time it takes for your input signal to pass through your audio software and appear at the outputs), but may not function well with slower
                    systems. The default buffer size setting is 256. This setting may adequately serve your purposes, but if you wish to, you can experiment with
                    lower settings. If you experience stuttering or crackling in your audio playback, try using a larger buffer size.

SYNC SOURCE This field allows you to choose between the FireWire 410s INTERNAL clock and an EXTERNAL clock source. INTERNAL selects
                    the incoming clock from the 1394 bus as set by your audio software. Use EXTERNAL when you wish to record from the S/PDIF inputs, or
                    otherwise lock to the sample rate from an external S/PDIF source.
                    Also try switching sync source to see if that fixes anything.

Maybe play with the different VST's to find out which one is causing it. I had to use something besides Allocator Full for filtering because my card's latency/buffer could not be set high enough. Also, by increasing latency, you will have to adjust video buffering as well if you want video to sync properly. Media Player Classic can do this.

Comment

Hi hagay,
                      Another thing to troubleshoot is the firewire 410 itself. It could actually have a fault, I know that the profirelightbridges can develop a fault whereby the audio keeps dropping out of sync, the firewire 410 could do something similar. If you know anyone else who has one, see if you could borrow it and test it out see if that makes a difference.

Also: is the firewire chipset on that motherboard a texas instruments?

You might want to slide on over to the m-audio forums www.m-audio.com some of the admins actually work for m-audio and know the product inside out.

tbl

Comment

Working...
                      X