Rockford Fosgate IBeam IB-200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockford Fosgate IBeam IB-200

Has anyone on the forum used one of these or a similar product to add bass to their system? I am intrested in it but the price is pretty steep for a product that I haven't had experience with.

massive interest from me!
    but im in the uk and the price is coming to what you pay in dollars
    Carpc plan=========90% -Never going to be finished!
    Carpc parts==5% -Computer died
    Carpc install==5% -Need to install computer
    Carpc worklog-0% -Need to start that soon

Comment

I didn't know what this was until I googled it. It looks like it's just a tactile transducer. These things have been around for a long time. I've never used them, but from what I've heard they do work when installed correctly. Looks like the price is around $230, which I think is ridiculous for this. Especally since it's only for 1 transducer, albeit it does look pretty big. I'm guessing it's designed to be mounted somewhere centrally in the vehicle. I would rather use smaller ones and just mount one to the bottom of each seat. Aura has been making these for years. These are for the "Pro" version, which is a little bigger and handles a little more wattage than their basic ones (which I don't know if they still make).

Comment

Originally posted by black_mamba View Post
        I didn't know what this was until I googled it. It looks like it's just a tactile transducer. These things have been around for a long time. I've never used them, but from what I've heard they do work when installed correctly. Looks like the price is around $230, which I think is ridiculous for this. Especally since it's only for 1 transducer, albeit it does look pretty big. I'm guessing it's designed to be mounted somewhere centrally in the vehicle. I would rather use smaller ones and just mount one to the bottom of each seat. Aura has been making these for years. These are for the "Pro" version, which is a little bigger and handles a little more wattage than their basic ones (which I don't know if they still make).

that was exactly what i was going to recomend he look at!

i installed the pro shakers in my cousins car('94 berretta z2something)about a year ago-- he likes them, and they do seem to help the low end, though, nothing can substitute for 2-12's in a well built box, imo.

i really think that rf overall is a ripoff, and have not seen any products from them recently that would be worth my money.

for the i-beam design(no, it is not rf's idea), see here:
        http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-028
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
        X