Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Using Allocator or Allocatorlite for Frequency Crossover?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Using Allocator or Allocatorlite for Frequency Crossover?

I'm now building my new CarPC with Asus Xonar D2 with the intention of using Allocator or Allocatorlite for my 3 way active sound tuning.

But I can't find much info / thread about it.

1. Does anyone use Allocator for crossover tuning?

2. Will it work with Winamp & RR?

3. Is it possible to have Allocator in the Startup folder & load its presets once Winamp/RR startup?

4. Do I need VAC or Jack (Line Routing) with Console or just Allocator Winamp Plugin to implement this?

5. Will it fit into my 800 x 600 screen?

My audio setup will be :

Xonar D2 Asio Out->Winamp/RR->Allocator->Amps->3 Way active

Thanks...
    Intel D945GCLF2, Lilliput 629GL-70NP, GTop MTK GPS, Road Runner, DFX4, Winamp 5.13+Console+VST->HotAudio DAC->NXS 400.4 + NXS400.2 DSP Amplifiers + DSP Software Processing->Dynaudio 340 3 Way Active

I think the Thuneau VST plugins use something called VSTShell, which works with ASIO drivers so you don't need a VST host, like AudioMulch or CONSOLE...

As for WinAmp useage, have you read this?
    http://www.thuneau.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135
    It's a WinAmp wrapper for Allocator...simply use that with WinAmp, and nothing else is needed! It integrates Allocator inside WinAmp.

But you still MIGHT need VAC or Jack as your input source...

Comment

[QUOTE=WuNgUn;1303786]I think the Thuneau VST plugins use something called VSTShell, which works with ASIO drivers so you don't need a VST host, like AudioMulch or CONSOLE...

As for WinAmp useage, have you read this?
      http://www.thuneau.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135
      It's a WinAmp wrapper for Allocator...simply use that with WinAmp, and nothing else is needed! It integrates Allocator inside WinAmp.

But you still MIGHT need VAC or Jack as your input source...[/QUOTE

Thanks. I'm always confused about VAC & Console, Audiomulch functions. I think your advice helps to to clear my confusion now.

So its, Winamp + Allocator Wrapper->VAC->Xonar D2->Amps

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Also just for the knowledge of those who intend to use Allocatorlite, the default screen resolution is 779 x 669.

Cheers!
      Intel D945GCLF2, Lilliput 629GL-70NP, GTop MTK GPS, Road Runner, DFX4, Winamp 5.13+Console+VST->HotAudio DAC->NXS 400.4 + NXS400.2 DSP Amplifiers + DSP Software Processing->Dynaudio 340 3 Way Active

Comment

No, that's not right either...lol
        When you setup your front end for which playback device to use, you can't use the Xonar...else the music with just play straight thru without and processing...
        On my setup, VAC is my playback device in CF...simply, CF sends it's audio to VAC.
        If I left it at that, there would be no sound at all, right?

So, in Mulch, it RECEIVES it's audio from VAC...then Mulch processes the audio and THEN it's finally sent to the sound cards, which of course, play the music...

With the WinAmp wrapper, I'm thinking you won't need VAC at all, as long as you can send the audio to the wrapper AND NOT the sound card FIRST...
        The wrapper probably has to be used as a sound out device in your front end for it to work...

You really need to do some bench testing with this solution...

VAC is only used as a pass-thru device, for distributing the audio to other software.

Comment

Development halted?

To the best of my knowledge, the latest release of Frequency Allocator Light is from 2007. I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I don't like to use old software. Same with Console, not a new release in ages, I believe 2007 too.

The window of Frequency Allocator light is much too large for 800x480.

I would need separate delay sliders for left and right to avoid having to use separate delay VST plugins.

A registration to the Thuneau forum failed because supposedly my chosen username was illegal and I tried quite a few. So I can't post questions there.

Is there a reasonable 3 channel crossover, parametric equalizer and 6 channel delay VST plugin?

I'm using VAC and ASIO4All, Console (Art Teknika), Crossover 3-Way v0.6, Voxengo Sound Delay.

No EQ at this time. I don't find the time to measure stuff. Lots of other work to do.

I'd like to get rid of Console because it's unreliable in my install. I've never got an alternative to work though.

Comment

i have no idea on the real world results, but when searching for plugins on kvraudio.com, there is a option to only display 64bit plugins. which leads me to believe that the x64 architecture can mess with some plugins..

i run 32bit, so not really sure..

lately, i have been using rubberfilter for my crossover needs, and just using multiple instances. i used to use simply named butterworth, or chelbychelv crossovers, but ran into glitches with certain settings not allowing audio to pass.

the issue i had with crossover 3-way was that i could see the gaps in the crossover slope, which led me to think that i was missing portions of the sound..
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

If there wasn't a 6 dB gap at each crossover frequency, the sound output of the two respective speakers would add up to a bump in the frequency response.

So this can't be a reason not to use this plugin.

I'll try to remember replying more after some more research.

Comment

Working...
              X