No announcement yet.

wiring aux input

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring aux input

I am attempting to add an aux input to my factory hyundai headunit. The pinout in the back of the headunit supports it. But aux-in was not a option I opted for on my car.

the pins are as follows:
    signal left
    signal right
    aux ref
    aux det

signal left and right are self explanatory, and I am assuming that aux ref stands for aux reference, which would be the common ground wire. However I do not know what "aux det" means.

I think it means aux detect, but if it does, I dont know how to wire it. Does anyone have any insight into how I would use this pin?

My theory is that if it is shorted to ground, then the head unit knows that an aux souce is plugged in. BTW, the stock aux in is a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Does it use a single source button to cycle through sources? If so, might skip aux if nothing detected.

Here is a more in-depth hack which might help.

Wiring Diagram for AUX DET and AUX REF

I have been trying to fully install a 2009 Hyundai Infinity stereo into my 2007 Hyundai Sante fe. The USB works fine, but not the aux. I have tried various pin-outs, but I recently found the following on

I am not what the box symbolizes for the aux det and aux ref does, but I was hoping someone else could make sense of it. I have few theories, but maybe someone has already got it to work with some luck.
      Attached Files

Was anyone ever successful in doing this I would like to do the same in my 08 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Originally posted by RRey0456 View Post
          Was anyone ever successful in doing this I would like to do the same in my 08 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Any body trying to just purchase and auxiliary input interface for Hyundai radio, i think it will be a lot better and faster, the radio is not going to open the aux port if the factory Hyundai satellite radio is not plug in auxiliary interface