Need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

Hey everybody, this is my first post in the forum and thought this would be a good way to jump into the swing of things.

I own a VW MKV GTI and want to start building my system. I have worked on previous systems before but want some advice to give this car the great justice it deserves.

~ I already know that I want the Alpine CDA 9887 ( http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=CDA-9887 )

~ I also know that I want to keep it pretty stealth but not to the point where I need a sub where my spare tire goes. I was thinking that the JL Stealthbox is really perfect ( http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1601 ) but I have no idea how that sub will actually sound.

So all in all, I am asking for advice on:

~ Interiors: I want a 3 way component system for the front but not sure what company (Hertz??) They used to have that HKS system that I always read good reviews about but not positive what their new lineup is doing these days)

~ Same thing with the rear as well - they're not 3 ways but not sure what speakers I should put that would sound really nice.

~ Suggestions on an amp with a GOOD shallow sub for the JL box (if anyone has this sub and thinks it hits real nice let me know!)

Umm: Additional Info:
    for the front speakers, the tweeters are: 1" - the mids are 4" and the woofers are 6.5"

But, I'm not positive on the rear speaker sizes - if anyone knows for a definite in their size please let me know.

Thanks all!

Where is the computer part of the build? We may be able to help you but you will probably find a better answer at a forum that is specific to your car. Here we are specific to putting computer's into cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Squadfer View Post
      Where is the computer part of the build? We may be able to help you but you will probably find a better answer at a forum that is specific to your car. Here we are specific to putting computer's into cars.

Ah ok I';m sorry - I swore I've seen posts in here just related to car audio in general and thought this was a legit topic.

Comment

i've had JL in the past, they do hit clean JL is pro

Comment

JL tends to be over priced and overrated, even if they are still good. I know nothing about the stealthbox, but it does have a w6 woofer in it which should do you just fine.

For the 3-ways you might also look around at CDT, Focal, I think even JL makes 3-ways if you want to keep the same brand as the sub. Google around, there's plenty of 3-way systems that might suit your need if you decide that the Hertz doesn't. Be sure to read up on all the reviews about them to ensure you pick the right ones. I know little about the Hertz personally. You might also want to keep the same brand for both front and rear speakers. Often times it sounds funny with two different brand speakers in the front and rear unless you take the time and ensure that the speakers match up the way you want.

There's plenty of options for a sub amp. You need one that will do right around 600 watts rms into 2 ohms to properly power that sub (assuming you're only using one). Off the top of my head I can't think of one for you, but some googling should come up with something.

Comment

Working...
          X