Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best amp to avoid using groun loop isolaters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best amp to avoid using groun loop isolaters?

I can notice a loss of audio quality with the use of the isolators. I am currently using a cheapo pyramid amp. Looking to upgrade this amp in the near future, any suggestions as far as brands?
    [HL]Warning - NSFW [/HL]

What speakers is the amp powering? And why are you using a ground loop isolator, is there an issue that can't be solved? They generally shouldn't be used as a permanent solution.

Comment

Goundloop? Have you looked at your wiring?
      Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
      my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

It is powering 2 6x9 polk audio and 2 6x9 audiobahn. I tried numerous methods to get rid of the ground loop(changing ground location etc, better RCA cables, etc) but nothing worked. I was told it was because of the low quality of the amp.
        [HL]Warning - NSFW [/HL]

Comment

A ground loop is due to a voltage potential between grounds in the same loop. As long as you're grounding all of your equipment to one spot, you should be good. What is your audio source (onboard audio/dec/usb audio)?

You can try using an iPod and a 3.5mm->RCA cable to troubleshoot the source of the hum. You are getting a humming sound when your music isn't playing?

Amp suggestions... any idea of a price range? I'm assuming you need a 4 channel?

Comment

The audio source is a turtle beach usb audio card. The hum happened both with this and the onboard sound card. I have tried with the amp and pc grounded to the same spot and apart, no change at all. I would prefer something in the ~$150 price range, 4 channel, at least 60 watts RMS per channel.
            [HL]Warning - NSFW [/HL]

Comment

Working...
            X